9/17/13

The Un-Salad

I love a good salad bar. I also find that it is the easiest way to get in a good dose of veggies as I struggle with liking vegetables. When I don't feel like a salad though, the next best thing is Mongolian BBQ or Panda Express. Both places provide good veggie choices.

I went to Mongolian BBQ on Saturday when I was downtown at the Farmer's Market. It is close by and I knew it would provide me with many veggie options and also still be low in PPVs since I had a baby shower to attend later in the day.

I get the medium size bowl and fill it to the brim with veggies. I often get carrots, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, and pineapple. Second I add in the sauces. This way I don't spill trying to add sauce to a tower of meat and veggies. My go-to sauces is two ladles of Mongolian, two of BBQ, one of sweet and sour, one curry, and one garlic. I top my bowl with my meat. Today I got beef, pork, and chicken.



If I feel like spending extra PPVs I will get just a few noodles. Sometimes I will also eat the side of rice in place of noodles. On this particular day I was looking for a low PPV meal so I skipped both.

I am calling this the un-salad and is a great way to get in veggies and meet your GHG.


No comments: