6/21/15

Happy Father's Day Plus Saturday Ins And Outs


Good Morning and Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful men out there who are, or are considered to be, a father.  You play a special role in a child’s life.  I hope you enjoy your special day.  I am lucky to have a wonderful father, grandfather, and father-in-law in my life.  We will celebrate later today with dessert at my grandparent’s house.

I am sorry I didn’t check in with you yesterday.  I am sort of in a bit of a funk.  I think I’ll write more of what has been going on inside my head later this week.  Still sorting out the feelings and in the meantime trying to stay on track.  After a few meals out and some less-than-stellar eating, I prepared a healthy meal last night and also prepared leftovers to bring to work today for my overtime shift.  I’m working hard to adjust my attitude.



I saw two hot air balloons out on Saturday





Since I was having some “down feelings” on Friday and just feeling frumpy I knew I needed to get to aWW meeting on Saturday morning.  My hopes were to be able to see Donna, who works as the receptionist on Saturdays at the meeting by my house.  I woke up at 6am and sent Kenyon a text, which was just getting off work, to see if he wanted to go to breakfast.  I am fully aware that negative feelings + eating out = disaster and yet I really wanted to meet for breakfast.  Thankfully Kenyon is an easy sell so we met at The Original Pancake House for a bite to eat.  On a side note, the lady at the restaurant commented on our matching personalized license plates saying it was “very cute.”  Yes, we are one of those couples!

While my thought process, along with some lingering negative feeling, told me pancakes would make me feel better, the conscious side of my brain told me that probably wasn’t the best remedy.  I know the pancakes at OPH are good so yesterday I went for the home style potatoes instead with my eggs and bacon.  They have the BEST bacon at OPH.  Go there…stat!

Don't worry, I shared my bacon and potatoes with Kenyon




I was a little late to the WW meeting and was sad to see there was no Donna to be found.  Since she works every other Saturday, yesterday was not her day to work.  I sat in the back row of the meeting but I just feel “off” the entire five minutes I was there.  So I left.  Sigh.

I’ll tell ya, this funk I am in isn’t pretty.

I had plans to go to the Farmer’s Market to kill some time and get in a forced walk at the same time.  I also wanted to pick up a fresh homemade pie for our Father’s Day dessert.  A nap sounded sooooo good and I almost skipped my downtown adventures.  Thankfully I wised up, got ready for the day, and headed downtown.  I had plans after to meet my Mom in Nampa.

Downtown was BUSY.  I wasn’t aware there were so many things going on, including Boise Pride.  I would have loved to stay and watch the Pride Parade but I had already made plans with my Mom.  I walked to the Capitol just before the rally started.  It was really neat to see the steps of the Capitol decked out in rainbow.  You don’t see that very often in Idaho.

 






I swing by Flying M for coffee on my way out of town.  They were also showing their Pride support with these adorable cookies.

 


The guy behind the counter had a shirt on that said “proud to be an IDAHOmo”. Ha.  Loved it!

I met Mom in Nampa for some errands and to try out the new Paniera Bread.  I’ve never been to one despite all our travels.  It was really good and I’ll be back for sure.  Fresh baked bread = Heaven!  Mom and I split two different sandwiches and really liked both of them.

 






I’m at work today on overtime, despite the extra money already being spent.  Doh!  I’ve been on a bit of a spending kick lately.  Need to rein that in.

No comments: