6/7/15

Spokane Day One: Kenyon Is A Tourist

Our first full day in Spokane started early. 5am early! Poor Kenyon didn't get much sleep after getting off work Friday morning. Than he didn't get much sleep Friday night.

We woke up early and since Dawny is a super early riser, we decided to just meet up for breakfast and get our day started. Dawny loves to go to Molly's Family Restaurant and raves about the buttermilk biscuits.




I decided I would make my own breakfast sandwich and try out one of these biscuits. They are tasty indeed! Kenyon and I shared a breakfast plate so I had my egg and german sausage (house made) on a biscuit with strawberry jam. I didn't like the taste of the sausage patty so I gave that to Kenyon. No point in waisting calories.

We realized we were super early with lots of time to kill before the expo opened where Dawny was to get her race number. We went to check out the Saturday Farmer's Market, which was really tiny. The flowers were a-plenty and so beautiful.





I wanted to show Kenyon the beautiful Spokane Riverfront so we parked at the mall where we got a deal of $6 for all day parking as opposed to the usual $8 parking fee. We walked over to the park and down to the waterfall. I wanted to do the gondola ride so we thought it would be fun to see it up close before we took our ride. Waterfalls are just so much fun to look at.














Dawny's friend sent her link with information about an event going on where you could get a wristband to ride the rides in the park for free. We scouted out the tent to get our free wristbands and stood in the already growing line for the gondola. Unfortunately we were still 20 minutes from the opening of the ride and we had the sun beating down on us. Dawny and I were able to convince the people in line to move the line into the shade. At first those in front were skeptical. But once we told them we were not cutting but moving the whole line, they conformed. After we exited our ride, low and behold, the line was still in the shade but had grown by miles. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

After our gondola ride we wanted to ride the tour train through the park but after waiting 30 minutes, in the shade thankfully, the ride filled before our turn to the front of the line came. Since that meant another 45 minutes in the sun we decided to call it a day. I absolutely love the Riverfront park though. Beautiful.






On our way to the expo we found a donut truck. Kenyon loves donuts so we went to investigate. The gal at the window asked if we wanted a sample. Uh....yeah! I told her I would give her a shout out on my blog so she hooked us up good with lots of samples. OMG. Delicious.







We decided on lunch at Rocky Rococo pizza, where Dawny raved about the salad bar. You can buy a slice of pizza and get a salad bar with a drink for about $9 or so. It did not disappoint. It was some really good pizza.






From there we went to the mall to take care of an errand Dawny needed to run and then took Kenyon back to the hotel to rest/relax. Dawny and I went and saw Aloha, which was nothing like we expected. It is a very, very, very weird movie. We met back up with Dawny and her husband Ted for dinner at Azteca.





I wasn't super hungry so I got the tostadas, came with three, and shared with Dawny. It was really good. I finished off with a mini Reeses PB cup McFlurry at McDonalds. I've awoken my sweet tooth. Uh oh.

Today we cheer on Dawny during her half marathon. Gooooooo Dawny!

No comments: