6/6/15

Surprise! I'm In Spokane

Surprise!! We are in Spokane this weekend so we can cheer Dawny as she completes her second half marathon. WhoooHooo!

Let's rewind.

Several months ago Dawny told me she was going to walk in the Windemere Half Marathon, her second time, as she has increased her walking time and wanted to challenge herself. I started planning a trip but was waiting to see where the cards would fall as the date got closer. The stars must have aligned because the trip was a go and we drove the 7ish hour distance yesterday. It was a super busy few days.




I had a hair appointment after work on Thursday and due to a scheduling conflict, my hairdresser moved Jamie's appointment to Thursday as well. So it was fun to visit as we each waited for our hair to process. Jamie had her girls there too as they were getting fun color added to a few strands of their hair. Audrey went bold while Veronica went subtle. It turned out great!




Jamie took a photo of me getting my eyebrows waxed. Hey...beauty is pain!


I was starving when I left the hair dresser as I had stayed longer than planned. I stopped by Costa Vida on my way home. I'd make a deal with myself that if the small sweet pork salad was the deal of the day ($6.99 including drink) then I'd get that. Well it was. I really wanted a big salad and tried to talk myself into it. But I didn't and stuck to the small salad with the small tortilla on the side. It was plenty delicious.



I should have been tackling my to-do list but I was exhausted. I had some dessert and finished up last week's Bachelorette. Oh my. It was a good one.


I had a million things to do on Thursday and Friday morning but there just wasn't enough time to get it all done. I ended up having to spill the beans early to Dawny about our visit. My plan was to surprise her along our drive with text photos. Alas, she was still super excited.

Friday morning I had to get an oil change and purchase a spare tire. My car was sold without one as it appears to be an optional feature. That took two hours, which I wasn't expecting. This is the first time I've left town without cleaning the house, washing the sheets, and mowing the lawn. I usually like to return from a trip to all of that being done. Oh well. Such is life.




Lots of fun to be had this weekend. Let's get this party started!

1 comment:

Dawny said...

I LOVE being the receiver of pursrises. And this one is amazing!!! Lindsay... Your truly one of the most amazing ppl in my life I'm forever thankful.