6/3/15

Why Food Plans Are Important


I don’t really have a solid food plan this week.  Because of this, we have eaten out the last few days which is hard on both the pocketbook and on the waistline!  I am sure feeling some water retention in my hands today.

After work I made a trip into downtown to pick up some items and used that opportunity to get an iced coffee from Flying M.  I also bought a large cookie (M&M Monster cookie as I am a sucker for M&Ms in cookies) and ate most of it on the drive home.  Kenyon and I decided to meet at Red Robin for dinner.  My plan ahead of time was to get the chicken breast, lettuce wrapped instead of a bun, and a side salad in place of the fries.  It is one of my go-to choices at Red Robin.  I’m not sure if it was the cookie, being tired, or what but on my drive over I considered ordering a burger instead of a chicken breast.  It wouldn’t have been a plain burger either.  My favorite is the Whiskey BBQ burger because I love the onion straws. 

When the waitress asked if we were ready to order I wasn’t sure.  I should have just ordered right away and gotten the chicken breast.  She walked away to give us more time and I instantly regretted it.  I knew I needed to stick to my plan and order the chicken breast.  I had just eaten more than half of a giant cookie and I didn’t need to be spending extra WPPA on a burger!  We flagged her down and I ordered my chicken breast and side salad.  Whew.  Score one for Lindsay (let’s pretend I didn’t eat more than half of a large cookie…okay?)

Having a food plan is place sure does make sticking to it at least 75% easier!  I cooked up some thin pork chops that were in the freezer for my lunch at work today and tomorrow.  I paired it with some frozen veggies and green beans.  Tonight after work I have to go to Murphy for our last reunion planning meeting before the big events start next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post!

I am 64 pounds from maintenance, still in weight loss mode, but I love reading about others' ways of maintaining. I learn the most from those on maintenance - whether they've stayed there, gained or lost.

I found this blog from the WW maintenance forum. I don't post there because I'm not at maintenance, but I love reading the posts!

Take care.