8/12/15

A Look At Tuesday

Happy Wednesday. I start my work week today and I also start training on non-emergency phones. I am slightly nervous.

I'll rewind to yesterday. I had plans to meet up with Jamie for a movie in the afternoon. I got caught up on the rest of this week's Bachelor in Paradise (three total hours over two days. Like I need anymore TV to watch) while eating an omelet. I wanted to start my week off on a healthy note.




I headed to Axiom to get my sweat on. While I am using my daily workout time at work each day I am not really trying to sweat much. It is too hard to cool down before having to put my make up on. Anyway, I went to use my membership in who knows how long and worked out a bit on the treadmill and elliptical. The doctor I saw when I had my medical evaluation for the new job suggested a HITT type workout where I walk at a normal pace for two minutes then ramp the heart rate up for one minute. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and about 15-20 minutes on the treadmill. Mission to sweat accomplished.

I headed to Jamie's house with no real lunch plans. Jamie said she would make us something to eat and then quickly realized she hadn't been to the store yet for the week. She made us some salad and we decided we would walk over to the movie early and cash in a 2 for 1 deal at Dickey's BBQ. Jamie called my salad “sad” but it was still good. She offered up other add-ons such as tomato, beets, and avocado but I am pretty picky when it comes to veggies.



We walked over to Dickey's BBQ for the one-meat plate deal. I had heard you could cash in your two sides for a big baker potato so we shared a potato and Jamie took her two sides, mac and cheese, home to her girls. We both had turkey which is my favorite. I also topped it with BBQ sauce and sour cream. It was really good.

(I forgot to snap photos from here on out. Sorry)

We saw “Far From The Madding Crowd” which was good. Since we had just eaten there was no temptation for movie popcorn. It sure did smell good though. We walked back to Jamie's house and I headed home. There was a friend of Jamie's girls spending the night and her mother made this amazing French pastry. I had a sliver on my drive home. Well, technically it didn't last much longer than driving out of Jamie's neighborhood.

Kenyon was just waking up and wanted to go out to eat. Since I am easily persuaded we went to JalapeƱos for Mexican. The small order of cheese dip was $2 so we shared one of those. It always makes chips go down much quicker. I had the ala carte chicken tostada for my meal.

The remainder of the evening was spent watching TV and icing my foot. I rolled my ankle when we were on our way to Dickey's BBQ. It was a bit sore and uncomfortable so I figured ice wouldn't hurt. It feels less sore today but I am not sure I am up for any rigorous activity. I think I'll have to stick to the stationary bike at the gym at work today so I can give my foot a bit more rest.




It was a good activity day for sure.


No comments: