10/19/15

Birthday Week Ahead - Caution: Food Temptations Loom

It is my “Birthday Week” and as usual I have schedule a lot in this week! It is going to be a very busy week with lots of food temptations. I've been working on my mental thinking on how to combat this week while not losing out on any fun or feeling deprived.

It will also be a crazy week for sleep as I worked night shift Sunday until 1am this morning. Then I go in for part of a shift tonight until 10pm as I have to turn my sleep around as I am attending the 4th Annual PSAP 911 Seminar on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am happy I get an opportunity to attend this year's seminar regardless of it being during my graveyard shift. It is a great opportunity to learn and network. This year I hope to learn more about 911 and talk with some 911 dispatchers from around the state.

So here is my plan for this week:



I'm really just going to take it one day at a time and focus on making the best possible choices on THAT day. The PSAP Conference is at a different hotel location this year so I am not sure what to expect in way of food. However, I know that I want to enjoy lunch with my NPD peeps, ISP peeps, and all other peeps I know from around the state. So, my plan is to not have dessert if there is a dessert options. In the past there has also been sweet treats during the break so I'll need to plan some sort of healthy snack.

I'm going track to the best of my ability. Tracking is key to keeping me on track. I'm not sure why nine years later I still think if I don't write it down that I somehow magically didn't eat it.

I'm going to conserve as many of my WPPA as possible for later in the week when we plan to use my Tucano's free birthday meal card, a birthday party with my friends that Jamie is hosting, and pizza with Phoenix and her kids after we go roller skating on Saturday.

I'm going to try to move when I can, even if that isn't formal activity. I'll be short on time early in the week but I do plan to move whenever I can. Just today my Apple Watch gave me my weekly summary and suggested dropping my daily activity goal to 400. I'm finding it harder to meet my daily goals on graveyard. If I wasn't adjusting my schedule so frequently (will be back to day shift in two weeks) then I'd really try to combat that. But for now, any movement = success.

Mostly I am going to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Here is yesterday's tracker:




No comments: