10/17/15

My Week Of Food, Fitness, And WI

Good Morning (as it is almost 1am here in Idaho right now). Kenyon and I just got home from seeing “A Walk in The Woods.” It was a bit slow but a cute movie with several laugh-out-loud moments.

My goals at the start of the week was to ramp up the intensity of my activity, to keep sweets to a minimum, and to conserve as many WPPA as I can for Saturday. Up until this morning all three of those goals were right on track. As of now I have recently figured up the PPVs of my impromptu breakfast at Marie Calendars and realized I spent 22 WPPA for an omelet.


That meant I only had 10 DPA left and I guarantee you, I ate more than 10 PPVs for lunch let alone dinner. Hey, two out of three ain't bad and at least I don't have to WI for a whole week!


Here are my trackers and what I have been eating:



I pre-tracked on Monday and saw I wasn't using many PPVs. I added an extra egg when I cooked breakfast. I ran to the store to pick up some grocery items during my lunch break. I debated getting some bakery granola to top my yogurt with since I had extra DPA available. I also debated getting a Reese's pumpkin candy bar when I got the register. I opted for the bakery granola. It was a wise choice.



On Tuesday I met Kenyon for breakfast to redeem a 2 for 1 coupon I received for my birthday from Original Pancake House. I ordered an omelet and subbed fruit in place of pancakes. Since that was my early AM breakfast (from getting off work Monday night/Tuesday morning) I tacked it onto my Tuesday so I could try and off-set those high PPVs with the rest of my food day. It worked out pretty good. I wasn't in the mood for eggs so I had a leftover pancake with peanut butter when I woke up before work. Boy did that hit the spot.




On Thursday we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse to use a $5 off coupon. In the past I have never really had much luck getting my steak cooked right but I just didn't feel like chicken. I ordered my steak medium/well since every time I say well done it is really, really well done. The steak came out pink and had juices running. Yuck! No way was I going to eat that. I asked her to just throw the steak back on the grill for a few more minutes. A short time later the manager delivered my steak, along with a side of mashed potatoes. I cut into it and could see, once again, it was pink. I knew they did not put my steak back on the grill and instead brought me a whole new steak. I didn't want to send it back a second time and waste another steak just because I don't like my meat to be pink (that's what she said).

Our waitress returned asking if they got my steak right. I explained that the new steak was still too pink for me but that I wasn't going to send it back. I would just microwave it when I got home. She felt horrible. She returned with our bill and a $20 coupon for our next visit. I felt bad for complaining so that was very nice of her.



I warmed up my steak cooking out the extra pink in the micorwave and ate it at home. I wasn't quite satisfied. I still had quite a few PPV left and it was all-you-can-fill for $4 at Aspen Leaf Yogurt. I love all-you-can-fill days because that means I can pack on the fruit. I made a deal that I would get a little yougrt and a lot of fruit. I also treated myself to one scoop of Reese's peanut butter cups. Oh man did the froyo hit the spot!



When we got home from froyo Kenyon saw he had another Outback Steakhouse coupon but this time for $8. It had the same expiration date, this Sunday. So, we went to Outback Steakhouse again before our movie. We used the $8 coupon and the $20 coupon so our dinner was just $6. Not a bad deal. I ordered the chicken this time!



I have gotten I some good activity this week. Sunday during my mental breakdown I worked out heard on the treadmill at work. Monday I walked the stairs at work. By Tuesday my calves were killing me! I took a long walk on Thursday to Axiom to cancel my gym membership I have no been using. I have earned 17 APs for this week.

Since tomorrow is the end of my week I am pretty much out of WPPA. We are celebrating October birthdays downtown and I am going to have fun regardless of the PPVs. I don't want to be hyper forced on it but I also want to stay mindful. I think bottom line what has been helping me is lose weight is keeping that sugar in check. I need to keep this in mind when I am celebrating tomorrow. I will have my whole DPA available as I'll have just woken up from sleeping before we head downtown. I'll also make sure to eat a healthy breakfast.

Speaking of losing weight, I had a great WI this week at my WW meeting and then dropped a little more the next day when I got on my scale at home. The scale is going in the right direction.


No comments: