10/26/15

Renewing My Driver's License

I splurged a lot this last week. I am actually not even going to get on the scale until mid-week at the earliest. I might wait all the way until Saturday. I don't want to get discouraged.

I kept on track early in the week and stuck to my goal of not having sweets at the PSAP seminar. I successfully surpassed the sugary baked goods at breakfast and snack breaks and the dessert at lunch. I also talked myself out of getting frozen yogurt on Thursday night after my birthday meal at Tucanos.

I enjoyed everything that I ate. I also ate at times that I wasn't hungry or that I didn't need to continue the indulgence. The last of the birthday cake is in the trash can and I've come up with a soft meal plan for this week. I need to reel it back in so I can continue to be successful to my weight loss goals.

I'd really like to see the 190s again. I had to renew my driver's license this week and found myself with a 92 minute estimated wait time at the DMV on Friday. Rookie mistake to go on a Friday to the the DMV. Regardless, my wait actually only ended up being one hour and 20 minutes.

I'd been debating the whole time on what I would put at my weight. I remember how excited I was to actually be able to list my true and accurate weight when I got down to 175 pounds and needed to renew my driver's license four years ago. Sadly, I am no longer 175 and I felt the need to adjust the weight. I consulted with my WW buddies. I didn't want to put 210 pounds, my actual weight, and I really do desire to be in the 190 again. So I decided to put 199. Jan from my 100+ Maintainers WW Group made the comment that you could really swing 10 pounds either way and probably be fine.

I stepped up to the counter when my number was called and went through all the usual questions when renewing your license. She asked if the height and weight were about the same. I told her no and that she can up the weight to 199. She paused for a moment and said, “I'll put 190.”

Jan was right. 10 pounds really does make a difference. It had me laughing none the less. I've got to wait 2-3 weeks for my new license to arrive. I got all gussied up for the photo. I hope it turns out okay.






No comments: