10/12/15

Pumpkin Spice Molasses Cookies

I made the most amazing cookies. I spotted the pumpkin spice chips in the bakery isle and thought I would use them to make some cookies. I didn't have to think very hard on what to do with them as the back of the package had a recipe that sounded yummy. I love molasses and a bonus to the recipe is that I knew I had everything on hand.



  • 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Morsels
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.

Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl. Beat 1 cup sugar and butter until creamy. Add pumpkin, molasses, egg and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.

Shape tablespoons of dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in remaining 1/3 cup sugar until coated. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies look cracked and are set at edges. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.


The only change I made the original recipe is that I used half regular sugar and half brown sugar. I felt that would go well with the molasses. I also made only half a recipe and found an oatmeal recipe on the same website to also try. My favorite of the two were these cookies. By using the melon baller/cookie scoop the cookies were small and moist, the prefect type of cookie.

I will be making these again sometime during the month of October.

2 comments:

Nichole Black said...

Wow, those do sound delicious!

Anonymous said...

These sound so good...I'm glad I can't have gluten anymore. I could probably eat the whole recipe! Of course I could substitute gluten free flour...hmmmm....