12/13/18

Change In Plans


It has been a chaotic day and it isn’t quite done yet.

 


I got up earlier than usual so I could be at POST this morning to assist with training scenarios for the Basic Dispatch Academy.  My group had police/radio scenarios where there was shots fired, pursuit, warrants, and other emergency radio traffic.  It went very well.  The group also passed their final exam so they will be all set to graduate tomorrow.  Nicely done.  Our newest employee to complete training, Vickie, will be graduating.  Idaho had a big legislation push to develop a certification for all dispatchers around the state of Idaho.  Prior to July of 2018, you didn’t have to be certified to be a police/fire/emergency services dispatcher.  We are very happy about that.

I was headed out to do my errands between helping at POST and coming back to work for my scheduled 4-hour OT shift when I got a slew of text messages that they might need coverage in dispatch.  I offered to help and after a quick bite of lunch, I’ve been in dispatch since 1pm.  It will have been an 11 hour work day but hey, it is all OT so that is more money in my pocket.

I have to be back bright and early tomorrow as I have plans after work at a wreath making class with my friend Jenny C. and her Mom.  I’m looking forward to the class and the time with friends.  It is at a Paint N’ Sip location so I had best save a few points for a glass of wine.

Since I had to miss out on running my errands, I’ll have to do those tomorrow after work.  I’m not looking forward to visiting the post office in the late afternoon but I have some packages that need sent and I don’t want to delay them to next week. 

I also had to miss out on my activity with the change of plans.  I won’t have time to exercise tomorrow either and our treadmill has been moved out of the way so we can use the extra console.  I might see if I can get it moved back so I can use it.  If not, I’ll resume my activity on Saturday.

Sometimes things just don’t go as planned.

No comments: