12/28/18

Confessions Part IV


I’m a bit depressed.


It usually happens this time of year and for many years, I was also working graveyard which seemed to amplify it.  I don’t like the cold weather.  I don’t like the dreary cloudy sky.  I don’t like snow.  I feel like I’m tired all the time.  And, it doesn’t help that it gets dark so early.

Sigh.

I also have zero motivation right now.  Every evening I go to bed with thoughts of getting up to exercise with no follow through.  For examples, this is how today went:

 

(alarm goes off)

I’ve got 30 minutes to wait for my egg cups to cook and I still have several episodes of Queer Eye to watch.  So, I’ll get the egg cups in the oven and hit the treadmill

Continue to lay in bed scrolling Facebook and Instagram

Finally get up and shuffle downstairs to start the oven and make the egg cups

Sit down in front of TV with a cup of coffee

 

Yep, that is pretty much how my days have been going.  The motivation to get on the treadmill, do an exercise DVD, or go the gym is just not there.  I know that boredom is what is behind my lack of motivation for both exercise and eating healthy/tracking.  I am just bored with what I’ve been doing and I’ve not figured out how to shake things up.

I also don’t have a WW “home” and that is bumming me out. My plan was to hit up Monday evenings and/or Friday morning meetings.  But my work schedule is all over the place and now that I’ve just signed up for overtime for next month, it got even crazier.  I’m going to have to sit down and really take a look at where I can find a solid meeting time/location each week so I can maintain that consistency. 

Oy, that depresses me even more.

Is it Spring time yet?

No comments: