12/17/18

New Recipe: Bean Dip - Instagram For The Win


I found a recipe on the WW Instagram that peaked my interest.
 

So, I decided to try it out since I was still a little skeptical on how it would actually taste.  It was really yummy.  Since there are no measurements, I had to wing it.  Here is what I did.
  • I cooked two chicken breasts ahead of time in the Instant Pot.  I shredded them and put it in the fridge until I was ready to put it all together.
  • I added one can of fat free spicy salsa refried beans and one can of black beans, drained.
  • I mixed the chicken with the refried beans first.  Then, I added the non-fat Greet yogurt.  I thought it mixed a lot easier once the yogurt was in there.  I added a few globs at a time until I liked the consistency.
  • I added the black beans next so I wouldn’t smoosh them too much.
  • I forgot the corn (doh) but I will next time.
  • I tasted it and then added the salsa since all we had on hand was medium and I don’t like too much spice.
  • I tasted again and though it needed taco seasoning.  It was then perfect.
This made a very large Tupperware-size amount.  I debated adding the Greek yogurt right away or waiting until I portioned it out and was ready to eat.  I don’t like how Greek yogurt releases moisture and worried it would be soggy.  But, the next couple of days it still tasted okay.
I picked up a box of the Good Thins corn variety for dipping and also dipped carrots.  This dip makes a very large serving, which I portioned into smaller containers and plan to eat on it for a few days.  You get several of the corn crackers for 3 points, which make snacking fun.  I’m planning to make this for our family Christmas so my Mom and I have something to snack on before the big dinner that is very low in points. 
Enjoy and thanks Instagram for the win.

No comments: