12/8/18

Feeling A Lull


It feels so good to have control of my schedule again after training for the last five weeks.  We have many new trainees so I’ll have a short break before putting my training hat back on. 

I’m feeling a bit lost in the motivation category.  I think part of it comes from being underwhelmed with my food plan these last few weeks.  The other part is most likely due to work.  We used to rotate schedules every eight weeks.  Then that got pushed to 10 weeks and finally now 12 weeks, if you even rotate at all since we now shift bid.  I don’t describe myself as a creature of habit even though I do like routine.  I also crave change and I don’t like being stagnant for too long.  With the new shift bid combined with Kenyon’s work schedule, I’ve been hanging out on day shift for several months.

Most likely, I’m just feeling the lull and ready for a change.  I will be rotating days off in January and I will have days off with Kenyon again, with will be so nice.  Sad to say even though we see each other every day, it isn’t the same not having days off together.  We are super lucky we aren’t on opposite shifts too, which is what should have happened but I was able to get a switch. 

I was thinking about what I shared yesterday from IG.  You just can’t be motivated all the time.  But, as long as I’m disciplined, I’m ahead of the game.  So, I woke up this morning, put on my workout clothes, and completed another day of activity with a workout DVD.  I wasn’t really “feeling it” but I got it done. 

 


I put together a comparison for #facetofacefriday which I see on IG and the WW boards often.  Here is my starting photo from my pre-WW days (304.8 pounds) and the photo I took a few weeks ago when I earned my Old Chicago pullover half zip sweatshirt (219-ish). 

 


It feels good to look back and see for comparison that I’m still on the right track, even though my maintenance journey was short lived.  I’ll need to do a better job of planning my meals next week in hopes of getting out of this lull.  I would love to see success at the scale as well.  I know I need to focus on other than besides the scale…but darn it!  I want that reward.

Some days motivation is low.  It is pushing past those days that really build success.

No comments: