12/6/18

Confessions Part III


I had double the activity yesterday after Kelsey invited me to meet her for the evening Pound class. I've not been to Pound for several months and I last saw the two instructors in August at the Bret Michaels concert. 

The instructor Heather had gastric bypass surgery over the summer months. She shared with us that she had been struggling with her weight for a long time and that she was finally ready to do the surgery so she could take control of her life again. She also decided to share this because she was going to be taking several weeks off teaching classes. When she did return, she was teaching while sitting in a chair for a while. This was mostly because she wasn't able to do much activity since she was eating so few calories. But, the surgery was successful for her.

Fast forward to last night. Like I said, I have not seen Heather for a few months and I honestly didn't even realize that was her until she started talking. Wow. She looks amazing. After class I shared with Kelsey that Heather looked so good that almost makes you want to get weight loss surgery.

I know it wasn't easy and her surgery took a lot of discipline, just as any weight loss journey does. I'm sure she has had days where things seem easy and days where they seem hard. I complimented her on her hard work and as I watched her during class, you can see the how great she feels. 

Heather used to be the one that modified all the moves for the rest of us (me included). Last night, she went all out and was jumping and pounding her sticks all the way to the ground. She looked amazing and so full of energy. It was wonderful and I am so happy for her.

This isn't a proclamation that I'm now getting weight loss surgery. But, it sure puts a damper on how long it is taking me to get back to goal. Of course, my Mom lost 100 pounds in nine months so it is possible to do great things if you are really committed. From what I have observed, that what it takes to go through weight loss surgery, commitment and the desire to change. I'm so happy for Heather and wish her the best as she continues to rock that new body of hers.

No comments: