12/22/18

Mental Break Update


Good Morning.

How is it only Saturday and day two of my work week?  This feels like it is shaping up to be a long few days, especially if the expected snow comes into the Valley overnight.  We had a great day at our work party/potluck and also later in the evening celebrating with my family at our house.  When I woke up this morning to a clean house, I was extra glad I decided to clean up last night vs. this morning.

Kenyon wanted to go to breakfast this morning and we are now having a cookie exchange at work.  This will be the last of the parties until the big day on Tuesday.  I’m already feeling a bit exhausted and I suspect it is because of all the holiday treats I’ve been enjoying.

So, how is the “mental break” going?



I’m almost positive I’ve not had as much sugar in entire year as I’ve had this week alone.  Holiday Sugar Rush is in full effect.  Each day I think, “I’ll take a break today” and yet here I am, eating cookies from our cookie swap.  (insert face palm)

The week started off really well and the mental break was good for me and my WW program.  When I thought about what taking a mental break would mean, I was confident that it could possibly make the scale move in the down direction.  But, as the week progresses, I’m now thinking I’ve done more damage than good.  If there is a gain at the end of all this, it is only temporary.

 


The connection to tracking, and lack thereof, is what can make or break my week.  However, I’ve been tracking religiously and earning my blue dots but the scale isn’t moving (and yes, maintaining this time of year is great…this I know).  So, even if this experiment goes terribly wrong and I gain five pounds, I’ll still be okay.

 


I think this is the reset I was looking for, although I didn’t intend to go this far off course.  In a weird way, my mood changed from excitement of a cookie exchange today to dread since I’ve had so much sugar this week.  I’m pretty much ready for this week of indulgences to be over although I am still excited for turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing on Tuesday. 

It is the sugary treats and alcohol that is surely doing the most damage.  After this week, 2019 is going to bring a clean slate for sure.

No comments: