12/29/18

I Faced The (Home) Scale


I decided to step on the home scale this morning.  I stopped weighing myself at home before my WW meetings because it was doing more harm than good.  So, I don’t really have much to go by on how my home scale compares to the WW scale.  But, it wasn’t as bad as my mind made it out to be: 217.3

My last WI at my meeting a week and a half ago was 216.0.  I swear in my mind I have felt like I’d be seeing a 5+ pound gain, or worse yet, I would have slipped back into the 220s.

Now, with that being said, this week still has many days of eating out and alcohol planned.  Stepping on the scale allows me to be mindful of where I go from here and what all I decide to consume.  And, tracking is definitely key.  Since I have not gained 5+ pounds, I sure as heck don’t plan to before I get on the WW scale next!

What is interesting is that the home scale has an app and it graphs your weight, body fat percentage, muscle mass, and BMI.  Here are the results from the last year:

BMI is down.

 


Body Fat Percentage is also down.

 


Muscle Mass is up!

 


That is some exciting stuff.  It doesn’t make me want to get on the scale regularly as having to face the WW scale is stressful enough.  It got to the point where it was easy to talk myself out of going to my meeting if my home scale was up.  So, I stopped getting on it each week.  While I’m on my weight loss re-journey, I like being able to focus on my official WW weight once a week.  And, I’ll continue to do so. 

As we close out 2018, there is so much to be happy about and so much positives moving forward.

No comments: