4/27/20

Dare To Be Great Virtual Conference 2020

Good Morning.  Happy Monday to you all and Happy Friday to me.  WhoooHooo!

I am up “early” so I can take part in some of the Dare To Be Great Virtual Conference that was put together for 911 dispatchers.  I am so thankful this training is offered to us for free and what really great is that I don’t have to watch it in real time.  



The conference started early.  It was 8:30am eastern time and that means 6:30am Idaho time.  Oy!  I woke up around 10am and got myself ready for work so I could sit down with breakfast and watch some of the virtual conference that is available to stream after each breakout session ends.  Talk about am amazing opportunity!

I have a staff meeting at 1pm so I won’t be able to watch more than just the keynote speaker and the first breakout session.  But, it is a great way to get some pep in your step and a dose of leadership motivation as I tackle my Friday.  I’m struggling a bit this week mentally with the desire to go to work.  I’m not sure exactly why or what is behind it.  It has been a rough month for intense calls so I think that puts me on edge being a supervisor.  I want to make sure my employees go home at the end of the night feeling strong, confident, and proud of how our shift went and that we got all of our troops home safe to their family.


The job of a 911, or other type of police, fire, and emergency services dispatcher can be a tough one.  I am always proud of the job I do.


No comments: