4/14/20

Weekly WI: Slaying My Goals - Down 50 Pounds Of Re-Gain

Gooooood Morn….er…Afternooooon….

Hello!  I feel like I’m getting a late start to the day.  I went from my WW Virtual Meeting with my usual Tuesday Boise Peeps into two phones and then breakfast.  I had a loss the scale and I am still riding the high today!



I even got the downstairs of the house cleaned, vacuumed, AND mopped.  I am planning a quick walk outside before my second WW Virtual Meeting starts, which is Delaware.

So, back to the loss.  whOOOOOhOOOOO.  I was so excited when I got on the scale this morning.  Yes.  My hard work this last week paid off and I got the 2 pound (plus) loss I was hoping for.  Oh man.  I am feeling energized to do that again this week.  And, I’m also planning some different meals so I can shake it up.  If I have a maintain next week, that is a win in my book.  But, I am going to try for another loss, even if I it is a tiny one.

As I sit close to my next milestone of getting back under 200 pounds, I know that mentally, it can be a struggle.  For some reason when I get close to a milestone I seem to get a little silly with working my program.  Since the stay-at-home order has not been lifted and we aren’t sure what our governor will decide, I suspect for the remainder of April, I’ll be spending my days off at home.  That is good.  Clearly, this stay-at-home is helping me stay-on-track.  I’ll take it!

I looked back at my weight record doing my usual reflecting on where I was in April past.  I am almost back down to where I was in early 2015.  Boy, that feel amazing.



It has been quite the year as well.  In the summer of 2019, starting in April, I climbed back up the scale.  It is crazy to think that soon I’ll be down 20 pounds from just last summer!!!  Wow.  This is my biggest weight loss different in the last four years.  I am floored.



What has helped me with this success?  I feel it is paying attention.  While I felt like I got a handle over my fall/winter 10 pound gains, I also wised up and got a handle on spring/summer gains.  Well…technically, summer has not begun.  But you better believe will make this summer different than last summer.


Now, that is easy to stay with us being homebound, not having social outings, and not vacationing.  I will commit to myself to pay closer attention once the world opens back up to whatever this new normal will be.  In the meantime, I’ll just be over here slaying my goals if you need me.

No comments: