8/15/13

August Weigh In


Well, after focusing on my food for the last seven days I had a loss of 2 pounds and was back in goal range (173-177) for my August WI.

Whew.

Actual weight was 176.0.  My iPhone is fatter than I am

It was an emotional week last week.  When I arrived at my meeting on Tuesday I was greeted with so many “I thought about you all week” comments.  My meeting members and leader are wonderful.  I thanked them all for the support and understanding as I had my nervous breakdown!  It really did feel like a support group last week where I just bared my soul and then found my inner fighter.

When I went back to look at my weight record I realized that I was also over goal the last two years.  So really I didn’t need to be so hard on myself.  Regardless I took a good look at my food last week and made some changes.  It is easy to get into a rut of eating the same foods and doing the exercise.  So what would make me think I would see different results?

I still ate some boring meals this week and I really missed fruit.  I also think I have become addicted to Melba Toast.  However, I still had some treats and I still ate meals out.  I also ate all my WPPAs and all my APs.  I am going to continue with that this next week.  I am also going to stay mindful of my fruit consumption and continue to eat different types of foods. 

For now I can let out a sigh of relief.  I earned my 6th Lifetime key charm to add to my key ring.  It has been another 10 months at goal.



I am very happy with my maintenance journey.  It has its ups and down and its highs and lows but it is all just a part of the journey.



And boy does it feel good to be able to eat WITHOUT snapping a photo!


No comments: