8/14/13

Food Log - Day 7


If you wanted to take a look:


FoodLog – Day 1 here

FoodLog – Day 2 here

FoodLog – Day 3 here

FoodLog – Day 4 here

FoodLog – Day 5 here

FoodLog – Day 6 here

 

This will be my last food blog for this week.  I am glad I took this week to blog about my food.  It has kept me accountable.  There were a few foods I passed up on since I knew I would have to take a photo and document it.  I even found that actually taking the photos was easier to remember as the week progressed.  I am not interested in this blog being about food only so I will no longer be doing food blogs daily.  Don’t worry though I will pop in from time to time with my food.


Good news!  I lost 2 pounds this week and was able to complete my August WI and receive my 6th LT key charm (I counted wrong and thought this was my 5th charm).  I will have more on that tomorrow.


So, here is Tuesday’s food.  It is the end of my WW week as well.


I have been saving one of my filled Dutch Bros punch cards to use my free drink for something good (and more than $2).  I decided today to cash it in.  I got a Dutch Freeze, which is described as “Our 3 Bean Espresso Roast and Milk Frozen to Perfection.”  It is also 9 PPVs for a medium size.  It is delicious!  However, it is also super sweet.  I decided to also get an iced decaf Americano and then I poured 1/3 of my Dutch Freeze into half of my iced Americano.  It worked out really well, reduced the PPVs, and I still have 2/3 of the Dutch Freeze in my freezer for another time.



  • 1/3 Dutch Freeze mixed with iced decaf Americano – 3


I usually don’t eat before WI, I know this is considered playing scale games, so by the time I got home from my meeting yesterday I was famished!  I made an apple pancake with peanut butter so I would have something in my fuel tank before my class at the Y.


·        apple - 0
·        47g Great Harvest whole grain pancake mix – 4
·        2tsp olive oil – 2
·        2tsp brown sugar – 1
·        8g peanut butter – 1
·        Drizzle of honey – 0

 
I brought my own iced decaf coffee from home since I already had Dutch Bros.



·        iced decaf coffee with half and half - 1
 

I was super hungry when I got home from the Y.  Kenyon was about ready to go out and about so I asked if he wanted to grab lunch.  He suggested Golden Corral.  It wasn’t quite what I was expecting but I still had 10 WPPAs to use and I had earned 4 APs during my workout. 

 

I had already made up my mind that I was not going to even approach the dessert table.  I had a great WI and I wasn’t about to mess it all up with desserts.  I was still undecided walking into the restaurant if I would have a roll or not.  I really like their fresh bread.  Kenyon mentioned they had hush puppies so I knew bread had just been one-upped!  I love hush puppies!!!

 

My plan of action also included going for all zero PPV veggies at the salad bar and eating my full salad plate first.  I was feeling super hungry and didn’t want to overdo it.  I then went for mashed potatoes, three hush puppies, some broccoli and Brussels sprouts.  There wasn’t much in the way of protein so I went with the baked chicken.  What I love about buffets is that I can have a small amount of lots of stuff.  I had three homemade chips.  I was full enough at that point but wanted one more hush puppy and also had two French fries.  I was more than full after all that.  I am not sure how much chicken I had  and I didn't finish it all either so I counted it as 4 PPVs and I am not sure how the veggies were prepared so I am adding 1 PPV.






Hush puppies are like little delicious clouds of goodness!

 

·        salad – 0
·        carrots – 0
·        mushrooms – 0
·        cucumbers - 0
·        light ranch - 3
·        mashed potatoes - 3
·        4 hush puppies - 4
·        baked chicken - 4
·        broccoli/sprouts – 1
·        2 fries/3 chips – 1


Since I ate 16 PPVs at lunch, I had to scale down the rest of my food I brought to work or I would be at risk of going into the negative, which I still did.  I brought all the fixings for a mini tortilla pizza which I assembled at work and cooked in the toaster oven.


Since I ate 16 PPVs at lunch, I had to scale down the rest of my food I brought to work.  I brought all the fixings for a mini tortilla pizza which I assembled at work and cooked in the toaster oven.


(insert photo here) --- how quickly I forgot to snap a photo!


·        30g turkey pepperoni – 2
·        whole wheat tortilla - 2
·        1 serving pizza sauce - 1
·        28g Four Cheese Pizza shredded cheese – 2
·        14g 6 Cheese Italian – 1
·        16g olives – 1
·        diced bell pepper/zucchini mix – 0 (look Dawny, veggies on my pizza!!!)

 

I finished off my day yesterday with some Melba Toast sandwiches with Boars Head turkey and hummus.  I am addicted to Melba Toast and these little sandwiches are so fun to make.  I added a WW string cheese and grapes….mmmm….fruit!

 
·        5 Melba Toasts - 3
·        4oz Boars Head mesquite turkey breast - 2
·        43g hummus - 2
·        WW string cheese - 1
·        grapes - 0
 
I had 2 Hershey kisses and 1 peppermint patty (undocumented) - 2
 
Total 47
4 APs earned
10 WPPA left
 
I used all 49 WPPAs and all 19APs earned this week.  I am in the negative by 3 PPV.


No comments: