8/12/13

Food Log - Day 5


If you wanted to take a look:






My morning yesterday started with an egg sandwich. I cooked one egg and one egg white and added two slices of cooked bacon and one thin slice of pepper jack cheese. I used one slice of Great Harvest Dakota bread and always put spicy mustard instead of mayo. I cut up one of the pears I picked from yesterday. They were a bit hard and tart so not quite ripe yet.


  • one egg/one egg white - 2
  • 2 slices Kirkland cooked bacon – 2
  • thin slice pepper jack cheese – 1
  • one slice Great Harvest Dakota bread – 4
  • small pear – 0
  • 2Tsp half and half – 1

I still had several WPPAs to use and since I am shaking things up I plan to eat them all. Kenyon and I went to lunch at Cracker Barrel. We dine there a lot and I love how the WW app has a lot of PPVs calculated for you. I usually get the beef stew and yesterday was no different. Kenyon mentioned sharing a strawberry short cake after our meal if we weren't too full. YUM! We didn't eat the whole thing. It was hard to stop. I also had my usual decaf coffee with half and half.



  • bowl of beef stew – 5
  • side of carrots – 2
  • side of boiled cabbage – 2
  • ½ of strawberry shortcake dessert – 8

I made a similar version of taco stuffed zucchini boats. Kenyon suggested using chorizo so I diced up three links. I added 4 ounces of tomato paste, half a cup of the cut up zucchini reserve, and half a green bell pepper. I filled four zucchini boats with this mixture and topped my two halves with 28 grams of reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese.  Serving size is two boats. I also had some corn on the cob.





It seems I am hungry about every three hours. Not sure if it is eating different stuff, the weather, or what. Kenyon and I went to a movie (the smell of movie popcorn was tough to resist but thankfully Kenyon is doing low carb right now so that helped to pass it up easier). After the movie I was hungry so I cut up an apple and added Greek yogurt and peanut butter to it. After I stirred it up I added a little bit of peanut butter granola I got out of the bulk bin yesterday. This was the first day all week I have had two fruits in one day.



  • Apple – 0
  • 6oz non-fat Greek yogurt – 2
  • 8g peanut butter – 1
  • granola – 1
  • drizzle of honey – 0

Total 44
0 APs earned
14 WPPAs used

I will admit blogging about my food has really kept me accountable. It keeps me from bites here or there as I know I have to document it with photos. I don't plan to keep up with photos after this week. It is just a lot of work and a lot of thinking about food, which I already do plenty of with meal planning and tracking.

No comments: