8/3/13

WW CEO David Kirchhoff Resigns


I learned yesterday that Weight Watcher CEO David Kirchhoff resigned.  It was very sad news.


[image source]



I have subscribed to the WW Magazine since I first started my journey six and a half years ago.  I never really read that section just inside the magazine cover in other magazines, but I have always read David’s.  I was highly impressed that the CEO of a heavily dominated women’s program was actually a man.  David always had great words of wisdom and often talked about how he still struggles occasionally in maintenance.  I learned of his blog through the WW website and while I have not read his book, Weight Loss Boss, I have heard really great reviews.

When I learned of David’s resignation it felt similar to losing a beloved WW leader.  WW is like a second family to me and is a huge support system.  When nobody else understands the highs and lows of weight loss and maintenance, my WW family does.  When nobody understands why the scale still stresses me out, my WW family does.  I have cried with them.  I have laughed with them.  I have applauded and triumphed with them.  I have made many new friends.  WW members and leaders are my family, including those I have not met.  We share a common bond.

David shared some final words of wisdom in his blog, linked above.

"I’d like to take credit for doing all of this on my own, but that would be a giant fib. I have absolutely no doubt that I would not be where I am, either professionally or personally, without Weight Watchers."



While David is no longer the CEO of WW, he will always be a WW member.


"Weight Watchers truly is an incredible and special organization, with one of the most important missions on Earth: helping people get healthy by helping them live healthy."


David, you will be missed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was just going to blog about an article that I read in the latest WW Magazine from David Kirchhoff and noticed this site stating that he resigned. I am new to WW since June and was just getting attached to David's articles. I could totally relate. Sorry to hear of his resignation.