8/8/13

Food Log - Day 1


I am going to blog my food this week with photos, when I remember to take them.  I don’t have problems tracking.  I don’t have problems weighing and measuring my foods.  I actually think I track really accurately and try to get a good balance of food. Since I am paying really close attention to my food and trying to eat different foods I thought blogging about it might also be good accountability. 

There are some things you will notice.  I don’t drink milk.  I don’t always get in my dairy and oils each day, it just depends on the day and the food choices.  I am also reducing my fruit this week and trying to eat more veggies.  I drink A LOT of liquids in a day, mostly water, decaf coffee, and one or two diet sodas.  I only track the liquids that have PPVs.

Since I am trying to shake things up this week my food might look odd.  I am going to focus on Power Foods yet try to also find some other types than my normal eggs and oatmeal.  I really need to shake up my breakfast options and I did some recipe researching.

Okay, with that said…here is Wednesday

I met a friend for a walk just an hour after I woke up.  My breakfast was on the lighter side and easy to transport.  I love spreading a little bit of peanut butter on my granola bar.


·        Kashi granola bar (1 of the 2 pack) - 2

·        8g peanut butter - 1

·        dot of honey - 0

·        WW String Cheese - 1
 

I had my usual iced coffee after I hit up the grocery store.
 

 

·        Dutch Brothers Americano with half and half – 1
 
Lunch was a chicken burger on a lettuce wrap bun.  I got the idea of doing sweet potato fries from a blog a while ago.  You roast your potato fries at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, turn them over, and then roast for another 15 minutes.  Before baking, the potato fries are tossed around in a ziplock baggie in olive oil, cinnamon and some Southwest seasoning.  The original recipe used paprika but I don’t care for it.  I topped my chicken burger with pickles, ketchup, and spicy mustard.



·        Amylu chicken patty - 5

·        lettuce bun - 0

·        pickles, ketchup, mustard - 0

·        6oz sweet potato roasted  - 4

·        2tsp olive oil - 2
 

Since I ate lunch earlier than usual I knew I would need a snack to get me by until my dinner.  Since I am shaking things up I picked up some hummus and found some whole wheat Melba Toast.  They are really crunchy and delicious.   I added some carrots and a garden cucumber from a friend.  I served that with a mix of low fat sour cream and ranch mix.

 
·        5 Melba Toast - 3

·        58g hummus - 3

·        carrots - 0

·        1/2 cucumber - 0

·        34g light sour cream - 1

·        ranch seasoning – 0
 

I made my Melba Toast into little sandwiches with the hummus and cucumber.


 

You will see lots of salads this week.  I am going to try to get in a good dose of veggies through a different salad so I don’t get too bored.  Today was turkey bacon ranch.

 



·        bagged salad - 0

·        3oz Boars Head deli turkey - 2

·        WW string cheese - 1

·        2 slices Kirkland cooked bacon - 2

·        32g light ranch - 2
 

I am trying out my friend Dawny’s idea of a parfait layered with yogurt, oatmeal and fruit.  I cooked some steel cut oats in my rice cooker (very messy) with some cinnamon and vanilla extract.  I add two Stevia packets and a small amount of sugar free syrup after cooking.  I only layered 4oz of yogurt and I meant to do 6oz.  I also wasn’t sure if I had a full serving of oats but am counting it as such.  I measured them before cooking.  I have been eating a lot of fruit lately so today I only cut up eight strawberries for my yogurt parfait.  I could easily eat 20!




·        4oz FF Greek yogurt - 1

·        8 strawberries - 0

·        40g cooked steel cut oats - 4
 
I eat 30 points a day.  Today I ate 35 PPVs. 
I earned 4 APs on a walk with my friend this afternoon.
I used 1 WPPA.

No comments: