8/28/13

Weekly Weigh-In

My weekly WI wasn’t a surprise and yet it could have been worse.  I was up another 0.6 pounds this week.
 
Actual weight was 179.4

I had a tough week in that I was limited on my activity due to extreme back pain.  I am very proud that I didn’t eat my emotions this week and despite knowing I might show a gain I am not letting it bum me out either.

Fact of the matter is my body is in healing mode.  It could be holding on to excess water and I know taking 800 grams of ibuprofen a few times a day isn’t helping in the bloated/water retention department either.

My goal this last week was to not engage in emotional eating but to also continue to eat the planned meals out.  I enjoyed frozen yogurt with my friend Mark in Saturday and dinner with our neighbors/friends Tami and Eric at On The Border on Sunday.  I also had a planned dinner at Flying Pie Pizza with my friend Phoenix and Mike but plans were cancelled due to my aching back.  Kenyon and I enjoyed a quick dinner at Texas Roadhouse after my PT appointment and shared a Reeses peanut butter shake from Arctic Circle after.

I could have cancelled all my plans due to not needing extra food with limited/no activity.  But where is the fun in that?  I will have to face my weight gain soon enough and when I am feeling better I will get back into exercise.

In the meantime, my goal is to just continue to get my back to mend.  Slowly, I am feeling better.

No comments: