8/2/13

Feeling Anxious...What Else Is New?


 
As I anticipate my August weigh-in, the anxiety seems to build each day.  I miss the days of carefree weigh-ins when I was BELOW goal by 10 pounds.  But, those days are long gone.

I am not sure why I let this anxiety get the best of me.  I start to become really restrictive with my food when I am anticipating my monthly weigh-in whenever I am tiptoeing at the top of my range.  It is almost like a fear of eating.  It isn’t because I might have to pay $9.  But, it might be a little about earning that Bravo star though.

I MUST remember to just trust the program.  I have been doing this maintenance thing for four years and it is working out pretty well.  So I just need to breathe, relax, and have a little faith.

With that being said, I do get restrictive with my food.  I was going to have some frozen yogurt yesterday.  I know I will be spending some WPPAs eating out this weekend but I wanted to have some frozen yogurt today and gosh-darn-it, I have the PPVs for it!  When the time came to leave for work and stop for yogurt, I had just eaten my breakfast and wasn’t hungry.  So I decided to skip the stop for yogurt.  I had 7 DPAs left at the end of my day.  Whoops.  I didn’t feel I should fill those PPVs with junk though.  Because I didn’t have my frozen yogurt, it was still on the brain.  I made a run to WinCo and got some Drumstick cones to share with my coworkers.  I had one for 8 PPVs.  It did the trick...for now at least!

It isn’t a surprise that I stress over the scale sometimes.  I don’t know why the first of the month weigh-in makes me anxious.  Well, yes I do.  It is all about being over goal.  But, it isn’t the end of the world (I have said that a time or two) and there is always another week to get my weight on the books.  I am confident I will be I goal range.  I just need to keep telling myself that!

No comments: