8/5/13

When You Are The Only One At Your Workout Class


I was the only person in my group exercise class last Wednesday afternoon at the YMCA.  It was a weird feeling.

I got all my stuff ready to go and asked the two instructors, whom I know really well, if anybody else was coming to class.  They said about four usually show up.  Well, it was just me when class time arrived.  I had heard the instructors talking that they both had other back-to-back classes to teach.  I asked if they wanted to skip this class and I would just do my workout upstairs.  It didn’t really matter to them so we decided to hold class with just one participant…me.

It was weird at first.  I moved my step into the center of the room but since the instructors didn’t have anybody but me to look at there was a lot of eye contact made.  Like I said, I know both these girls so it wasn’t super awkward.  You can’t really workout at any less intensity since you are the only person in the room!

During the weight portion of the class one of the instructors actually moved out to my side of the gym and became another participant.  It was still great energy and we had a good workout.  In hindsight, I am glad we still held class.  I have been struggling with working out for a full hour at home and if I had gone upstairs at the Y, I probably would have cut my workout short.



This wasn't my actual instructor!
[image source]

No comments: