11/8/14

I Love Me Some Pancakes


I love pancakes.  It is not something I have often and we I do eat a pancake I really enjoy it.


Since I have some IHOP pancakes on hand it has made for a very easy breakfast.  While I can make pancakes at home I don’t often do so.  When you go out to a restaurant the pancake meals usually comes with two or three pancakes (and sometimes even comes with hash browns as well).  This is perfect because I can enjoy one pancake with the rest of my breakfast meal and then take the rest home for another time.

Unlike Denny’s, IHOP only has one whole grain option of pancake.  The Nut and Harvest Pancake, while yummy with the bits of nuts, is 6 PPVs.  The buttermilk pancake is only 4 PPVs.  If I am eating my pancake at IHOP I look forward to the strawberry syrup.  At home, I like to top my pancake with cooked apples, peanut butter, and honey.

My WW buddy Nichole gave me the idea to use coconut oil to sauté the apple for my pancake.  I really like the hint of coconut flavor the oil provides.  I also add some cinnamon and brown sugar. 


I reheat my pancake in the toaster oven so it is a little crispy.  I spread a small smear of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey.  Then I top it with my cooked apples. 

I seem to be on a bit of a pancake trip as I have been to IHOP a few times recently.  I even have another free stack to collect at another visit soon.  Mmmmmm…..

No comments: