11/11/14

Weekly WI And Another New Coffee Pot


Good Evening to you all.  Did those of you with the holiday day-off enjoy your time away from work?  I stopped by Kohl’s on my way into work and boy was it busy.  The lines to checkout were huge.  However, they were prepared with lots of cashiers so the line moved fast.  The line as Starbucks was also really long.  But I made it to work on time.

I went to Kohl’s to get a K-cup type coffee maker.  Dutch Bros has released their coffee in K-cups and I am super excited to try them out.  The first Monday of November they gave away a free four pack of K-cups with each drink purchase. 
 
 
I hear it is just as yummy as their espresso and I hope that will be the case.  Right now the price makes each K-cup $0.83.  I pay $1.75 (if I have my Dutch Bros refillable mug) for a 16 oz size Americano.  So if I do decide to buy more K-cups I am saving a little money.  Well, after I “pay off” the cost of the coffee pot too.  I actually got a Mr. Coffee K-cup pot for $31 after I used my 15% off and my $15 off coupons.  Not too shabby.  Since I drink mostly decaf I won’t be staying away from Dutch Bros all the time.  I suppose having the K-cups at home means I don’t have to make a late night run before the close.
 
I attend my WW meeting this week and was able to get a photo of the scale today.  There are a couple of stations where I can’t see the dial so I can’t really get a photo.  I was up 0.6 pounds.  Actual weight was 194.0. 
 
 

We talked about ways to sneak in more activity.  In order for me to sneak in more activity I need to actually be partaking in activity.  Despite not really doing any formal exercise in quite a while, I do still often walk the perimeter of the store and/or take my cart all the way back to the store instead of just a cart return.  I will park farther away from the door and I’ll take extra steps when I get up and take a break at work.  I am always mindful of trying to squeeze in more activity here and there when I can even if I'm not really trying.

However, this week I need to re-commit to getting in more formal activity.  I’m not sure yet what I’ll do.  I have a few shows (NBC Crossover event with Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, and Law & Order SVU) that I’ll want to watch so it might even just be a simple treadmill walk.  I’d also like to commit to getting to Axiom Thursday or Friday (or both).  I am embarrassed to stay I have not been to Axiom since we signed up in August.  Doh!

We are almost to hump-day.

No comments: