11/1/14

What I Ate Yesterday (Friday)


Friday was our Halloween Party/Potluck at work.  I love a good party!!!

One benefit to working night shift is you have your whole days worth of points as soon as you wake up.  So if something big (say a party potluck) at the start of your shift then you have a lot of PPVs to use.  I knew Wednesday and Friday would be the days I would have to dip into my WPPAs and I had 27 WPPAs left.

My first stop of the day was Flying Pie Pizza.  I have had a major pizza craving lately and Flying Pie was offering a free pizza to those in costume.  This is part of their “It’s Your Day” promotion where each day they have a different person’s name or a special group that gets to make a pizza for free.  I had missed October Birthdays and Linday Day when we were in New Mexico.  Feeling rather bummed I headed to Flying Pie before I went to work.  While I didn’t get to go into the back and make my free pizza (too many people) I did at least get my free pizza.  And boy was it good!




For my 10 inch pizza I chose whole wheat crust, pepperoni, olives, bell pepper, mushrooms, and Gouda cheese.  I had pre-planned one slice along with a few trips to the salad bar.  My taste buds were not quite satisfied (it took 45 minutes to actually get my pizza) so I had two slices.  It hit the spot!

Our potluck at work started around 8pm when our graveyard crew reported for duty.  I brought a crockpot of chili as well as some leftover party dips/crackers from my Birthday Weekend.  I also brought in treats for October Birthdays.  We have a lot of people with October birthdays in dispatch.  I made Mix and Match Momma’s angel food pumpkin cake.



I sampled what looked good and enjoyed the spread.

I finished off my night with a chopped up apple, non-fat frozen yogurt, and peanut butter.  It is always a yummy early morning snack.

No comments: