11/3/14

Our New Couch

Good Afternoon (and evening for those on the East Coast).
Now that I am on night shift my blog posts will be a bit later in the day.  Sorry for those of you that are early birds.  I no longer am an early bird.
I am excited to share with you our new couch!  When Kenyon and I got married and moved in together almost seven years ago, we didn’t buy any furniture.  I had a couch from my sister and my LazyBoy contemporary recliner (that I spent a lot of money on. ) We decided to get rid of the couch and keep Kenyon’s futon.  He owned a nice futon with a solid wood frame.  Since I wasn’t sure I wanted a guest room with an actual bed my Mom bought us a futon and a spring mattress for the guest room.
When I was visited my aunt a few weeks ago I really loved her power reclining sofa.  Kenyon and I hit up a few furniture shops and I was hooked.  I couldn’t get my mind off wanting this new AMAZING sofa.  We ran some numbers and decided to go for it.  Our sofa was delivered last night. 
We moved the nice wood framed futon into the spare room and gave the futon in that room to one of my troopers and his wife.   This was my view on Saturday night sitting in my LazyBoy recliner after the futon was picked up.  Just a bunch of open space.

And this was my view on Sunday night sitting in the new reclining sofa looking at my LazyBoy recliner.


It is amazing and I am so happy with our purchase.  We went for a dual power reclining sofa so each side reclines.  It is sort of looks like an oversized loveseat as each of the recliners measure 42 inches.  They are super comfy and with the power reclining option you can pretty much pick whatever spot you want to recline in.  It makes for a really comfortable TV viewing experience.

We broke in our new couch by renting a Redbox movie and snuggling on the couch.  Yep, I’m hooked!


No comments: