11/7/14

The View From Almost 200

A few weeks ago I stepped on the scale at home after wanting nothing to do with the scale for a month.  I knew I wasn’t working my program.  My pants were super uncomfortable.  I was pretty miserable and yet I just didn’t want to face it.  When I finally got on the scale I was shocked to see I was almost up to 200 pounds.

When you are a WW member there are many milestones during your weight loss.  5 pound stars; 25, 50, 75, and 100 pound charms; entering into a new decade (every 10 pounds); and also the joy of seeing the 300s turns into 200s and into 100s. 

It is a bit of a shock to go the other way and start working up the scale.  It is easy to just ignore it and eat another donut.  But that doesn’t stop you from wondering is it noticeable?

 “Will anybody say anything?

Seeing the scale read 198 was a rude awaking I needed to see.  While I hate being a slave to the scale I couldn’t ignore it anymore.  Skipping the scale for a month resulted in an 8 pound gain.  When I went to my WW meeting knowing I was up quite a bit from my last meeting I was just praying that the number didn’t have a 200 in front of it.

Regain happens.  It can happen REALLY fast if you aren’t diligent and mindful.  We can’t stop paying attention.  We can’t become complacent.  We must reach out for help when we need it.  I have said it many times and I will say it again, there is NO shame in re-gain.

If you are looking for help or guidance, speak up.  I guarantee you that there is somebody else that can identify with what you are going through.  You will find you aren’t rowing that boat all by yourself.

And above all…be kind to yourself.

No comments: