1/4/15

Back On Track After An Overboard Saturday


Happy Sunday.  I am starting my last of two night shifts tonight.  I will miss sleeping in but I’ll enjoy having a full day off again.  And DURING the actual day light.  Weeeee….

I don’t have much to share today.  I feel like I’m pretty boring lately.  I had best get myself some content to share eh?  I had a nice one-day off yesterday.  Kenyon and I ran some errands and went to Café Ole for dinner.  I’ve not been to Café Ole for a while and they now have whole beans instead of refried beans.  They are really good too.  I had a fajita burrito and ate a bit of it with the tortilla and then dug out a little filling before calling it quits and getting a to-go box.

I always felt like I have navigated eating out well but lately I feel like I can really pat myself on the back.  I usually have my mind made up ahead of time how much I’ll eat.  That can always change depending on my hunger/satisfied feelings but usually I allot so much for that meal.  I like to take the leftovers home for another meal.  Going out to breakfast is really easy because most breakfast meals come with pancakes.  I eat my eggs and breakfast meat at the restaurant and the take my pancakes home and reheat for another meal.  The last two days I’ve been eating on some IHOP pancakes that I brought home from Friday night. 

I reheat a pancake in the toaster oven and top it with peanut butter and honey and then a mixture of a sautéed apple in coconut oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  It is delicious.  Today I also added an egg and egg white on the side to complete my breakfast.
 

My Saturday food choices didn't go so well after Café Ole.  I’ve been craving sugar/sweets for a few days now but have been able to side-step the craving and push past it.  I felt the sweets craving settle in after our lunch but instead I had some coffee with sugar free Caramel from Dutch Bros.  Later in the evening we went to see “The Good Lie” at the cheap seats.  It was a really good movie.  We got movie popcorn and I hosed it.  I love movie popcorn.  On our way home from the movie the sweets craving really hit.  I should have talked myself out of stopping for ice cream but I didn’t.  We swung by Albertson’s and got some Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream.  I didn’t eat the whole pint though.

Since I am at work tonight I have all my food packed and I am on track.  I am a few points under my DPA, which is good since I’m pretty much out of WPPA.  If I was at home tonight and tomorrow like I have been I know my eating would not be structured.  I’d probably snack too much and not count the PPVs.  I am glad to be back on track today.

No comments: