1/30/15

My Mini WW Intervention


Good Morning and Happy Friday to you all.   I am starting my work week today after three wonderful days off.  I mean who doesn’t love days off work eh?  I am sorry I missed a post yesterday.  My day off was busy with this and that and spending time with friends.

So I’ll fill you in on my talk with my WW leader Donna from Tuesday.  It has been on my mind (in a good and positive way) and so far has been very helpful.

When I got to my meeting it was quite busy so I did my WI with the receptionist.  As the meeting was beginning, Donna put her hand on my shoulder and said she needed to talk with me after the meeting.  I assumed the worse and thought perhaps she was no longer going to be leading meetings.  She was kind enough to give me a heads up when she quit her Wednesday noon meeting.  Thankfully that wasn’t the case and I won’t be losing one of my favorite leaders.

After the meeting we sat down to talk.  Donna was quite surprised that my tracking was really good.  I have been falling off the grid by the end of my WW week and usually after I’ve run out of WPPA.  My food choices become a bit more lax and my tracking gets sloppy.  Overall, I start my weeks strong.  So I need to build on the positives early in my week to carry me through the weak moments.

We discussed shaking up my food and eating more protein and less carbs and sugar.  We discussed trying to get more food variety into my weeks.  I often fall into the trap of eating the same foods for a few days in a row and then I’m so bored I can’t wait to eat out.  Eating out is enjoyable for me.  Not only is the food better and yummier than what I prepare but it is nice to not have to think about what to cook, prepare it, and clean up.  It is also a social thing for Kenyon and I as well as the times I get together with my friends.

We discussed moving more and why I have let activity drop off completely.  Donna suggested selecting an item of clothing that is too snug or to small that I can pull out of my closet and look at each day as a positive reinforcement.  It was a really great talk and I am so glad she reached out to me. 

Since my meeting I have worked on changing up my food and getting in activity.  I struggled a bit with the eating.  I’ll get all my thoughts into a post on that tomorrow.

Thank goodness for wonderful WW support that understands the struggles with weight loss and maintenance.  It is so very important!

No comments: