1/16/15

Busy Day At Work


Hello.  It is almost afternoon and I’ve just now had a chance to jot down a few words.  It is busy today at work!!!  I have no idea what it is with moisture on the ground that causes drivers to crash.  I made it to work just fine.  Sheesh.

I set a goal for myself to get in 10,000 steps on my days off this week.  While I didn’t quite actually get there, I did really well.  And hey, it was more activity then I have been doing.

On Tuesday I met Jamie for a mall walk, ran errands, and then cleaned house.  I earned 14,000 steps.  On Wednesday I went to Axiom to attend the kickboxing class.  I walked on the treadmill both before and after the class and attended 30 minutes of the class.  By the end of the day I had logged almost 10,000 steps.  I was too tired to reach for those last 200 steps.  Thursday I was feeling a bit lazy and my plans to meet Jamie for another mall walk fizzled out.  I was just about to head out for a walk in the sunshine when Jamie called to see if I wanted to walk from her house to the cheap seats and see a movie.  So I got some sort of activity in but didn’t quite make it to 10,000 steps.

The thing I have noticed since I got my FitBit over a year ago is that I really have to work to get 10,000 steps.  I just am not that active in my everyday life.  It is always a reminder that I need to use those extra tips for getting in extra steps.

Okay, I’ve got to cut this short.  We are just super busy at work.

No comments: