1/24/15

Spaghetti Sqush



I threw together a spaghetti squash dish that was quite tasty.  It was so good that Kenyon didn’t leave me any for leftovers.  I guess that really makes this recipe a success.

I roasted the spaghetti squash at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or so.  It just depends on the size of your squash.  I then scooped the innards out once it had cooled down a little.
 
 
While the squash was cooling I sautéed two chicken sausages with two bell peppers and some olive oil.  I am not sure why I thought to add the bell pepper but I am glad I did.  It was a nice addition.  Sometimes I add broccoli and I think spinach would be good too.


I mixed in some alfredo sauce to just the squash.  I find that spaghetti squash isn’t as easy to mix as pasta so adding the sauce to just the squash helps to coat it really well.  Then I added the chicken sausage and peppers to the bowl.  Using a fork I incorporated it the best I could trying to string the spaghetti squash as I mixed.

 

I put the mixture into a 8x8 dish and topped it with some mozzarella.  I put it back into the oven at a reduced temperature of 350 for about 20-30 minutes.  I forgot to take a photo of the whole dish so here is one of the last serving. 


Mighty yummy dinner.


2 comments:

Dawny said...

oh my super awesome! thanks for sharing!!'


Yum.. i'll have to try this

Ive made spaghetti, and once i made a grilled chicken with olive oil, feta roasted peppers and tomatoes.. it was pretty good..

Kate said...

This sounds really good, I'm going to try it!