1/18/15

Split Pea Soup

 
I have never had split pea soup but I have always wanted to try it.  Eating something green doesn’t scare me!

Katie posted a blog link several months ago with her split pea soup that is cooked in the crockpot.  It looked really easy so I copied the link and set it aside.  With our cold and rainy weather soup has sounded good so I finally got around to making her recipe.

 

It was really good.  I followed her recipe and measurements but I halved the recipe so I only had four servings.  I also left out the bay leaf and I’m not sure if that is why it lacked a little bit of flavor.  I had to add salt and pepper.  After I ate one serving I wanted more so I split one of the remaining servings up and counted each one as 9 PPVs.

The leftovers heated up nicely.  It was a pretty hard and thick blob when I went to re-heat it at work.  I added water until it was the consistency I wanted and put it into the microwave.  It was just as delicious.


No comments: