1/12/15

Ramblings And Warm Buns


Good Morning and welcome to the work week.  I am actually on my Friday today.  I have the next three days off.  Yahooo!  It is weird but at first I was bummed about not having much overtime.  Now I’m kind of liking it!

I don’t have much to share today.  I suspect my WI tomorrow won’t be pretty but I’ll recap all that in a day or two.  Today I wanted to talk about my new car and my warm buns.

When I bought my new car I knew I might have to give up a few luxuries I had come to love with my HHR.  My HHR was all equipped with remote start, heated seats, and a sunroof.  I really love some of those items.  I knew when shopping for a new car there would be a “not necessary but would like” list and also a “non-negotiable” list. 

 


Remote start was on my “non-negotiable” list.  My HHR was the first car I’ve ever had with remote start and there was no way I was giving that up.  When you work shift work there are times I want my car to be warmed up and defrosted before I leave the parking lot.  Of course I could walk outside and start up my car like most average Americans.  However, I’m super spoiled and would rather start my car from the comfort of the heated building.  Therefore, this was on the “non-negotiable” list.  Since my new Kia Soul didn’t have remote start already installed, I had one installed for an added cost last week.  Ahhhhh….all is right with the world again.

Heated seats was on my “not necessary but would like” list.  I loved the heated seats in my HHR and was pleasantly surprised when I found out they were included.  I never knew a world existed where you could be warm and comfy AND have warm buns when you are driving in your car.  Boy did I love it.  I didn’t want to exclude buying a car because it didn't have heated seats.  I knew those additions would up the price of the car.  So, sadly, my Kia Soul does not have heated seats.

I have been trying to convince myself it was okay to not have heated seats but honestly, I miss it.  I don’t think anybody (other than Kenyon) realizes how much I used my heated seats.  I used it ALL THE TIME.  So I really do miss it.  At a later date I could look into the upgrade, if available, for an added cost.  But in the meantime, my dear loving husband has figured out a way to heat my buns.  Nothing says true love like warm buns.

 

Kenyon bought me a heated seat cushion off Amazon.  It is amazing!  I love it and despite remembering to plug and un-plug the seat cushion, it warms just as my heated seats did.  Kenyon takes such good care of me.

The other included feature I got with my new Kia Soul was the Bluetooth connection through the radio.  I love having my phone sync so I can play my iTunes right through the radio.  I have come to really love the hands free phone feature too.  Very slick.

Every new car needs to look clean so I have purchased the unlimited car wash pass at Mr. Hotshine.  So far I am getting my monies worth in going to the car wash at least twice a week.  The fun part of having unlimited washes is that I don’t feel back for washing my car the day before it snows.  I’ll just go wash it again after.  It is $19.99 a month and there is no contract so I can cancel anytime.  It has been wonderful.
 

 

Speaking of snow, it is snowing today so work could be touch-and-go.  So far we are faring well.  We will see how the day progresses.

No comments: