1/21/15

Hard Workin' Gal


Good Morning.  I can’t believe January is almost over.  We only have a week and a half left.  That means we are closer to the end of winter.  Yeah.

I got roped into working overtime today.  Normally that wouldn’t be a big deal but today the President of the United States visits Boise.  While most of Boise, and Idaho in general is happy about this turn of events, those of us in dispatch are working hard behind the scenes.  It is going to be a crazy day.  We also have not had the best weather.  Fog and slick roads have made for some long and busy shifts.  I had two fatal crashes on Sunday and Monday.  This is never an easy job.

Since I’m really the only one that answers my phone, I am now at work for the next nine hours.  Let’s get the party started.

Yesterday was my day off and it was a much needed break from the last two days at work.  I went to my WW meeting and then Kenyon and I went to breakfast at a new place in town, that really isn’t new we just haven’t been.  The Original Pancake House is a no frills restaurant that felt more like a place where regulars go.  The staff was funny and nice and the service was prompt.  The coffee is a bit strong but the refills kept coming.  I like that!


As you know by now my routine for eating out at breakfast is to take my pancakes home.  I selected the eggs and bacon with a side of pancakes.  The bacon was the best part!  It is thick long strips and the back of the menu said it was made especially for the Original Pancake House.  I saw a couple next to us had a side order and Kenyon I had planned to share an order as well.  Then I found out they were out of Canadian bacon, which is what I would have gone for.  So, I got bacon with my meal and Kenyon shared it.  We still had some to take home.


I picked oatmeal pancakes for my pancake choice, although it is $2.00 more if you want a specialty pancake.  I gotta say, I didn’t really taste much oatmeal.  I ate one pancake with my eggs and bacon and also took some home.

I also baked some homemade whole wheat bagels yesterday.  I’m not quite sure I did it right but I used the bread maker and sort of winged-it after feeling like the dough was a bit dry.  They taste okay.  Not sure if there just isn’t enough sweet like other bagels or perhaps if my flour is old.  They are just 5 PPVs.  I am going to make one into a bagel sandwich later this week.


Food was tracked 100% yesterday and I used 3 WPPA.  I also did meal planning and have meals lined up for lunches and dinners this week.  Yeah!

No comments: