1/3/15

I Took A Walk Today

I went for a walk today.


Yay!!

When I woke up this afternoon I saw it was sunny despite being a brisk 19 degrees. I decided I should put on some under warmers and go for a walk. I loaded up my Heather Weighs In podcast clips, which I have been really behind on, and walked for 40 minutes. Slowly but surely I'll get there.

It is nice to go for a walk. It gives you time to think and time to destress. I'm not really stressed but it is always a good way to just regroup and plan out some of life.

Heather was talking about support and validation and how when somebody starts a weight loss journey it might be a while before anybody notices or compliments. Same goes for maintenance once the compliments slow or even stop all together. It is important that we validate ourselves and tell yourself how well you are doing. After all YOU know how you are doing. It can be hard to pat ourselves on the back when the scale doesn't show it. It can be equally hard to keep pushing onto the next week. Heather suggests using your first name to shout out your successes. Hey, you gotta do whatever works right?

I've noticed for a while now the compliments others used to give me have pretty much stopped. Despite being at my goal weight for five years I would still get the occasional “looking good” or even “it is great you are keeping the weight off.” I've noticed over the last year those small amount of compliments have stopped all together. I worry it is because people can see I have gained 20 pounds and perhaps they aren't sure what to say. Or that they think I'll gain all the weight back. Regardless, I can't let that get me down.


Every phase of maintenance is an important one and you never stop learning. Keep fighting the good fight!  

1 comment:

Dawny said...

yay for a sunny day walk, I too LOVE Listening to Heather on Half Size Me,

SO awesome your gearing up with some activity, I know you expressed not having gotten much and been in the spirit/mood for it, so this is great for you