1/31/15

Working Hard On Changes


After my WW meeting on Tuesday I struggled a bit with my food on Wednesday.  The plan was to increase my protein intake but I didn’t really have a food plan so I felt really out of sorts.  I started to feel a bit scared to eat.  I was also hungry all day.  Staying at home and watching TV most of the day didn’t help as I had a lot of time to think about food.

We started our Wednesday off with omelets.  One egg and two egg whites, half a chicken sausage, half a bell pepper, and two tsp of olive oil.  Eggs must have ketchup!



After a trip to the gym I warmed up some stuffed chicken patties I found at Costco and made it into a lettuce wrap burger.  I had veggies and dip on the side.




Since I am trying to increase the protein and reduce the sugar and carbs I really struggled in the afternoon.  I had coffee and lots of water but eventually I went for a half a granola bar with peanut butter.  I knew I would still need something to eat before our planned meal out at a MS talk that evening.  I got creative in the kitchen and threw together a soup with chunked canned chicken, pinto beans, green chile, and chicken broth.  It did the trick and held me over until our dinner at Cottonwood Grille.  I didn’t take any photos of the Cottonwood meal and it wasn’t up to par from the times I have been before.


Thursday started off with overnight oats in a peanut butter jar.  I had a huge craving for this and after freeing up two peanut butter jars recently I couldn’t wait.  This jar was 20 grams oats, 4 oz NF Greek yogurt, 4 oz almond milk, 1 Tbs chia seeds, and strawberries.













I met Jamie to walk the mall and then we continued our visit at the coffee shop.  I went for a non-fat latte since I had not eaten for several hours.  We kept talking ourselves into not eating out and finally the time came that I had to get home to eat.  I was hungry.  After trying to not eat out, we decided to go across the street to Flying Pie for the pizza buffet.  My plan was to eat a lot of salad and one slice of pizza.  I even took that plan on step further and made my salad bowl my pizza plate and my pizza plate my salad bowl.  I had two big salads with dressing on the side and this slice of pizza.  Another pizza looked equally as good so I didn’t eat the top crust portion of my slice and selected a small slice that I also didn’t eat the crust of.  I felt really good about my eating out venture.

We ate at home on Thursday night as well.  It was mini meatloaf, butternut squash, and green beans.  I’ve also packed my meals for work yesterday and have a crockpot with chicken cooking at home.  I have not done really well in spicing things but I am working on more protein.


I have also been moving more.  I went to Axiom on Wednesday for 30 minutes of the kickboxing class and 10 minutes on the treadmill.  Thursday Jamie and I walked at the mall for 1 hour and 15 minutes and covered 3.3 miles.  I packed my bag and went straight to the gym after work on Friday.
 


1 comment:

Dawny said...

Good job friend, switching things up and trying to find a new 'nitch' I hope it goes well..

I envy you, low carbs doesn't seem to fancy me these days LOL ugh.. Im trying to focus more on 'power food' carbs, as opposed to 'processed' or not so 'friendly' carbs, but it's not always easy..

I love seeing your foods (as you know) this stuff looks delish LOL