7/6/16

Non-Scale Victory: Chocolate Cupcakes


Weight Watchers has a thing called a Non-Scale Victory (NSV) where you pat yourself on the back for something positive you did that doesn’t have anything to do with the number on the scale.  You know us WW members can get crazy about our scale number from time to time.  Anyway, I have a NSV to share with you.

I worked the entire 4th of July weekend and when we talked in the WW meeting last week about planned events for the holiday, I was rejoicing that I didn’t have to deal with any of that.  On Sunday night my supervisor asked if we were going to bring party food.  I had explained what came up as our meeting topic and I was hoping to slide under the radar.  I also want to do my WI this week as I’ve been working at cleaning up my diet.

Monday night (4th of July) I spent most of my night trying to resist some store bought chocolate cupcakes that were at work from the earlier shift.  I am happy to report that I was able to conquer and didn't eat one single morsel!  Yippe…a NSV.

On Sunday night at work the sugar cravings started to hit.  I was feeling the need for something sweet and fruit just wasn’t cutting it.  I remembered I had a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup mini in my purse that a coworker had dropped in there a week ago.  I dug it out and managed to savor it for three tiny bites letting the chocolate melt in my mouth (yes…I am now one of those chocolate eaters). 


Despite having that little bit of chocolate and peanut butter, I was still craving sweets big time.  Monday morning when I got off work I got a cinnamon and brown sugar scone at the coffee shop on my way home from work.  OMG it was amazing!  It tasted just like a cinnamon and brown sugar Pop Tart.  I was mmmmming with every bite.  I decided to only eat half of the scone.  After a few delicious bites, I knew the sugar craving had been satisfied and that I would just be eating the rest to eat it, not really enjoy it. 

When I got into work Monday evening, I can’t really say that I was craving sweets.  I was just all outta whack from being tired and having NO COFFEE since the coffee shops closed early for the holiday. I was also feeling hungry all shift and kept thinking about those darn cupcakes.  I ate my planned meals, had some extra fruit, and by 2am, I moved to the other side of the room to dispatch for the remainder of my shift safely away from the temptation. It really wasn’t that I wanted one for enjoyment. It would have just be mood eating.  So I am glad I resisted.



I’ll be hit up a WW meeting last night to at least do my WI.  I felt like I have had a week that I am happy with and wanted to get it on the books.  I can always pick apart my week and find places I could improve.  You never know what the scale will show.  But, I do know that I want to do my WI as I am feeling very positive about my week….and my NSV.

No comments: