4/16/14

Introducing: Our New Coffee Pot

Say hell to Mr. Coffee.



(“Hello Mr. Coffee” said in unison)

This is the newest addition to our home. Mr. Coffee came to live with after our old coffee pot (with is also conveniently named Mr. Coffee) met his untimely demise at the hands of, well, me.



When I was filling the coffee pot last week I dropped the lid that comes off the top of the coffee reserve. While it still brewed coffee it no longer dispensed it through the spout. Even though I knew this I would still put my coffee cup up to the spout, push, and wonder why coffee isn't coming out. Doh!

Therefore, I had to break up with Old Mr. Coffee. “Its you Old Mr. Coffee...not me.”

New Mr. Coffee cost a small fortune. I have not bought a coffee pot in a few years but after having our old single serve style I wanted to go back to an actual pot. There was also some features I wanted and well, you pay extra for those too.

Thermal pot


Auto shut off

Here are some extra that made this Mr. Coffee that much more attractive to me.

Self cleaning wasn't a must but it was a nice idea when I did my research.

Water reserve on the side of the pot vs the “fill the pot and pour the water in” method. Obviously a luxury but not a must.



Side loader for the coffee filter/coffee. This is also a luxury but what sealed the deal. I hate having to wrangle the top of the coffee pot being in the up position while you are trying to get the coffee from the cupboard that is now being impacted by it. Old school coffee makers make since when you don't have your coffee pot under your cupboards.



Lastly, there is this neat gauge to tell you how long your coffee has been there. I love the auto shut off but this gauge is fun to know how long it has been within the two hour window that the coffee maker stays “hot” before shutting off.


I'm really happy with New Mr. Coffee and I hope we have a long lasting relationship or that I at the very least get my monies worth from him.

1 comment:

irishshammrocks said...

I love new coffee pot day. (I'm drinking a k-cup of cafe verona as I type this.)