4/9/14

Weekly WI: Down Another Two Pounds

I headed out on foot yesterday to my WW meeting. I wanted to get in some activity and enjoy the beautiful spring morning. It was a nice 3.5 mile round trip walk, with extra distance due to the continuing construction around my house.

I knew I would show a loss after stepping on my home scale. I was 182.0 exactly weighing in at home in my nighty first thing in the morning, after I peed of course. Since I'm on day shift now I don't just sleep up until my 10am meeting and not have breakfast or liquids before I go. Yesterday I woke up at 6am. I'm not going to starve myself just to see a number on the scale a few hours later at my meeting (although I have been known to do this in the past). I made myself some eggs with chicken breakfast sausage and some Havarti cheese. Much like peanut butter makes all things better so does cheese.



When it was time to head to my meeting I showered and dressed and check the scale at home one more time. It went up 2.4 pounds. SHEESH. Why can't we WI naked at our WW meeting? Or at least my nighty? I was sort of freighting in on my walk to my meeting but kept reminding myself it is just a number. I saw 182 this morning. So if the scale isn't that low it is okay. I knew I should still show a loss and again, if not, it wasn't because of anything I did or didn't do. I really couldn't wait to eat until after my meeting as it would be around 11am. It just isn't realistic and really is just silly scale game anyway.

I digress.

I got to my meeting and stepped on the scale. 182.0 and a loss of 2 pounds.

My iPhone needs to go on a diet.

I was really happy! With my large 1.4 pound loss last week I had not expected another large number. In fact I was sort of feeling the doubt set in late last week. I knew I had a great week. I ate more salads for meals than previous weeks, less eating out, and I got in a lot more activity. By Saturday I had already earned 19 APs. I didn't even earn that many total last week.

Doubt still sets in even seven years of being on the WW program. Bottom line: trust the program!

I am headed to Vegas next week so I am already making plans for food and activity on the days leading up to catching my flight. I would like to save some of my WPPA for when we are in Vegas. I made some plans with friends this week to enjoy some meals out and they will be higher PPV. I will need to really balance my food within my DPA and try to conserve some of my WPPA for later in the week.

I need to keep my food in check this week and keep the splurges to a minimum. I also need to get some sort of plan in place for Vegas. I do know of a few “go-to” restaurants we will visit while we are there and we will have our slice of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory as we always do. For that I can have the PPVs already planned for. I am going to work hard to make this mini-vacation different. I still want to enjoy but I really need to decide “is it worth it” and do I want to have to re-lose a lot of weight when I get home.


The answer to the second part is NO!

No comments: