4/6/14

Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar


Good morning!  I was sure dragging yesterday after waking up way too early.  But after a very early bedtime, I hope today will be better.

I wanted to share with you my experience at Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar.  It can be summed up into a few words: I will be back.
 

Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar is one of many new restaurants that opened in a complex called The Village in Meridian.  The Village has several restaurants, clothing shops, and a movie theater.  Axiom gym is also part of the building and nearby is Big Al’s Bowling and a large strip mall with lots of big name shops.  It is quite the up and coming expansion to the area.

Last month while I was out for a walk I explored a joining neighborhood that I knew should connect up with The Village.  I finally found the cut through…Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park.  It is a very large and beautiful park.  I can imagine in the high of summer it must be packed.






The Village in Meridian is a really neat place.  There is so much to see and do.  In the winter there is an ice skating rink and I the summer a fake grass area for kids to play.  There is a fountain right in the center that is timed to music for an exciting show each hour (think small scale Bellagio Fountain in Las Vegas).  There are outdoor fire pits with places to sit.  It has a really great atmosphere.












Charming Charlie’s was the highlight of my visit.  This store is amazing.  They have all the accessories you could ever dream of and all sorted by color.  I hate having to search for something when you know exactly what you want.  Prices were great too so I will definitely be back.





I have wanted to try Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar since it opened in January.  They have several martinis to choose from and I had heard they had a few drink specials for happy hour.  The happy hour menu isn’t extensive and the drink prices aren’t fantastic.  However, it is a really fun experience and I look forward to going again.




My first drink was one of their 36 martinis.  I picked the $6 happy hour Ultimate Lemon Drop based off the recommendation of the server.  It was not super sweet and packed a very slow punch.



I make drinking martinis look soooooo good!


My second drink was not off the happy hour menu but was only $6.50.  It was some sort of pineapple drink and was also not very sweet.  I like sweet drinks.  It also packed a very slow punch.  It was almost as if my buzz was wearing off on the first drink and then all of a sudden it was back again with the second drink.  Hey, I might as well get my monies worth.


My friends Danielle and Kate joined me for happy hour.  We were all in agreement that it is a good thing we are friends.  Neither of us drinks at home so getting together often involves a drink (or two).



We decided to order off the small plate happy hour menu.  It was a tough decision as the whole menu looks really yummy.  I have heard good things about their pizzas.  Kate ordered the Kailua pork tacos, which is what I was considering.  I decided to order the buffalo chicken sliders and perhaps trade.  Kate’s tacos looked amazing I knew I needed to make the trade!  The tacos were served in full size tortillas, three to a plate, and also came with coleslaw.  They were a nice pick.

My buffalo sliders were spicy.  I ended up not eating the bun part to shave off some PPVs (aka have another drink).  I deconstructed them and just mixed it all together.  They were served with some coleslaw and had shaved celery.  I added a little bit of the gorgonzola sauce to cut down on the spice.  They were okay but not epic.  I was actually not sure if this would be enough food but the small plate was enough.


Danielle ordered a flatbread to share.  This might have been the better choice for food.  Next time we could order a bunch of different flatbreads to share.  It was really good.  This one has butternut squash on it.

I’m so thankful I have such great friends that want to get together for happy hour.



1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

Yum! Heading there wednesday and trying to figure out what to get!