4/14/14

Last Week's Food Selection


I actually had more food photos from last week than I thought.  As you know I’m not very good at taking photos before I eat.  I always remember it after.

I had some interesting meals last week.  Early in the week I was eating on some leftovers as well.  There were some duplicate meals but I didn’t get a photo of all of them.

I started my week with Great Harvest whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread, toasted, and had scrambled eggs with a chicken breakfast sausage.  Apples served on the side.

This was a turkey Italian sausage that I picked up at Costco (not that great) that I chopped up and put into the oven with peppers, onions, a small potato, and some olive oil.  I didn’t have any sweet banana peppers on hand but that is what make this dish that much better.


More of the not-so-good turkey Italian sausage on top of some leftover pasta salad from our potluck at Duck Ranch.


I enjoyed my last slice of Great Harvest whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread in the form of French toast.  I’m not sure when I last had French toast.  It was really good with a little syrup on top.  I had scrambled eggs on the side for some extra hold over.  Also a side of frothed milk.  I’ve still not gotten the hang of it yet.



I had a few salads last week.  This was is a ham, turkey, pineapple, and light ranch.


Yummy eats and drinks at Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar.



Oatmeal a few days last week, my usual mix.


We had a small amount on a Outback Steakhouse gift card to use so we headed there on Friday night.  They were offering a three course dinner that included soup or salad, entrée, and dessert.  I found this delicious looking chicken entrée that was just $11.99.  I didn’t need dessert but the carrot cake sounded yummy and I’d not had any desserts thus far last week.  Instead of salad I got double the seasonal veggies.  This was a chicken breast with some parmesan breading that was just on the top, not covering the whole chicken breast.  I think there was also some cheese.  It was delicious.  I shared with Kenyon.


The carrot cake was not as epic as it looked.  Since it didn’t cost us anything extra (the steak I would have ordered was $12.99) we just had a few bites and left the rest.


My usual eggs and potatoes.  I had some grapes on the side.


Saturday night was epic!  Kenyon had headed out of town so I was on my own for dinner.  I had a Living Social deal that was about to expire at Qdoba.  I am not a huge fan of their food, however, I bought it thinking we might do lunch out at work sometime.  Since it was about to expire that was my dinner.

I had $10 to spend and I knew I wanted chips and queso.  However, I also knew I needed something more than just chips and queso.  I was taking my order to go so I developed my own version of nachos, with more staying power. 


First, I ordered a naked chicken salad with fajita veggies and black beans.


I put a few chips on a plate (this is a small salad plate) than spread a little bit of queso on top.  I also added my own light sour cream from home.



Then I topped my nachos with some of my naked salad.


It wasn’t quite as epic as I had envisioned and since I was spending the PPVs I added more queso on top.  Perfect.


I went back for another small serving.


Since I sometimes have no willpower I cashed in my free punch card at USwirl, which is conveniently located next door to Qdoba.  I got my usual NSA praline pecan and put some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in the middle.  I took it home as well so I sectioned out a small amount in a bowl for my dessert.



More oats (yes, I’m boring with my food lately).


And, more eggs.  Shocker!


Chicken burger patty with sweet potato fries, carrots, and light sour cream ranch dip.


On Tuesday night I had plans to meet up with my extended family for some family reunion planning.  We met at Sunrise Inn in Nampa.  I’ve only been there for breakfast and wasn’t sure what else they had on the menu.  I actually had already thought a pancake sounded good.  Despite some other yummy looking items on the menu I went for the pancake.  You know when you should order a salad but you just don’t want to.  Yep, that was Tuesday night.  I ordered a side pancake with coconut syrup (not as good as Hawaii) and a Basque chorizo.




No comments: