4/20/14

Last Week's Super Activity


I had a great week of activity last week.  This was partly due to the sunshine and the opportunity to walk a lot.  I also reaped the benefits of my Sunday walking in Las Vegas before my FitBit week ended.  There was a lot of walking in Vegas.

Last week’s FitBit totals: 105,569 steps and 47.71 miles.  I actually surpassed my WW friend Regina for first place, if only for a day last week.  It was fun to be the leader for a short time.  I walked about 15 more miles than my usual FitBit totals so that really made me happy.

I didn’t wear my HRM this week and just relied on my FitBit and my steps.  I average about a 17 minute mile when I walk and often burn 100 calories per mile.  Most days I counted 1 AP per mile.

Wednesday: 4.33 mile walk and walk later in the day
I met my sister Jenny at Village Meridian and walked to/from for my APs today.  Later I met my friend Mark and we walked to/from dinner at Costa Vida downtown.  It was an easy way to get in some APs and extra activity.  6 APs earned.
 



Thursday: 1.5 mile walk in the foothills
I had planned to take today as a rest day after all my walking on Wednesday and a bit of soreness in my hips/back.  I then got a call from my friend Janet, whom I was meeting later for dinner and a movie, to go for a hike in the foothills with her dog.  It was such a beautiful day I didn’t want to pass up the chance.  1 AP earned.



Friday: 4 mile walk
Plans today included meeting my mom, nieces, and brother at SouperSalad.  I was pretty tired after work and really considered a nap.  I had skipped my 3:30am workout with the plan to walk to/from SouperSalad.  It took some serious talking to myself to get me out the door on foot.  I was really considering driving.  I even thought I might bum a ride home with my Mom but she didn’t offer.  I took that as a sign I needed to walk back home.  I made an agreement with myself that I would take Saturday as a rest day and not get up at 3:30am either.  4 APs earned.
 

Saturday: Much needed rest day
No 3:30am wakeup call and no activity after work.  My Aunt Barb was in town from Colorado so I went out to my parent’s house for dinner.

 
Sunday: 3.1 miles on the treadmill, walking in the airport, and walking in Vegas
I started my morning of travel with a walk on the treadmill.  I had time to kill at the airport so I did a few laps around the terminal.  Finally, when we got checked into our hotel we took the shuttle to the Strip and walked.  By the end of the day my FitBit logged 24,811 steps and 11.5 miles.  4 APs earned for my treadmill walk.  I didn’t really track  my APs after I got to Vegas.






Monday: Vegas walking
FitBit showed 17,678 steps and 7.66 miles. 


Tuesday: Vegas walking
FitBit showed 20,348 steps and 8.77 miles.  I actually had to walk a few laps in the hotel hallway to get to 20,000 steps as I was very close at the end of the day.


 

With all this walking in Vegas I am now confident of my 12K coming up in two weeks.  I’m meeting Dawny in Spokane to finally meet in person and walk the Bloomsday 12K.  It will have hills but I can do it!

No comments: