4/25/14

This N' That


Good Morning!!

We have had rain the past few days.  I know rain is good and that we need it after our mild winter.  It rained so much on Tuesday we had a few new friends show up in our yard.
 

Today starts my work week and while I spent a lot of time resting and sleeping on my days off, I don’t quite feel refreshed.  I actually started my work week a little early yesterday by helping our new trooper recruits. 

It is Officer Safety Week at ISP and I am working in the Mobile Command Center (MCC) a few hours a day to dispatch for our new recruits as they make fake traffic stops on the training track.  It is always fun to dispatch in the MCC. 
 





I will be in Spokane next week and am looking forward to my trip.  I will be meeting my friend Dawny for the first time, in person!!  For those of us on the WW message boards, it is quite exciting to meet somebody in real life.  I have known Dawny for quite some time now as she is a part of our 100+ Maintainers daily thread.  We started emailing one-on-one a short time later and now have become really great friends often sending emails and texts all day long.  I am so excited to finally meet and I also get to attend her WW meeting and meet her WW peeps.  WhooooHoooo!

The other part of my trip is to walk the Bloomsday 12K in Spokane.  I have heard a lot of great stuff about this race and I am excited to join Dawny as we walk it together.  I had not planned to take this last week off exercise though.  After all the walking Kenyon and I did in Vegas it makes me feel very confident about walking the 12K distance.  However, there are a few nasty hills on this course.  I need to get out for at least a few short walks this week.  My legs will be a bit worse for the wear if I don’t get moving!

Thankfully I’m feeling better so I’ll give it a go. 

Happy Friday.

No comments: