4/10/14

Walking On Sunshine

I had such a great day yesterday. The sun was shining and my energy meter was super full. I had some plans in place where it made for easy walking to/from and that is exactly what I did. By the end of the day my FitBit said I had walked over 22,000 steps and 10 miles. That is a new record!

I met my sister Jenny at The Village in Meridian to look for some accessories to go with her special wedding anniversary dinner dress. They will actually arrive in Vegas the evening before Kenyon and I head home. We didn't plan that or we could have planned it a bit better and actually had dinner in Vegas together. I walked to The Village and since I had some extra time I took the long loop around the park. I found a senior citizen center that has some plaques and a monument honoring fallen soldiers.








We stopped into Charming Charles and Francesca's. I have heard of this store from Project Runway and wanted to check it out. It has lot of clothing and accessories but also fun novelty stuff. Look what I found! Muffin top silicone muffin tins. Hahahaha.



We found exactly what she needed for her dress and I said goodbye to Jenny. It was such a beautiful day and I was enjoying the sun I decided to stick around The Village for a bit and enjoy an iced coffee. I sat facing the fountains and people watched. My best friend's Mother passed away on Sunday so it was a nice time to just think and reflect.


Look at the size of those cookies. Yummmm.....I didn't have the PPVs to spend on one though.





The Village was all ready for a visit from the Easter Bunny.  


I headed back home for lunch. I was trying to keep it light today since I had plans to meet my friend Mark for dinner at Costa Vida. The sweet pork salad is a lot of PPVs so I needed to balance out my day the best I could. I had a Boca burger on a lettuce wrap and some carrots and dip.



I tackled the backyard with the lawn mower. It was starting to look like The Amazon out there. My lunch wasn't quite enough to hold me over all afternoon and since my meet up with Mark also included walking to dinner I had some Greek yogurt with strawberries before I headed to meet Mark.

I met Mark at Boise State University, where we works. It will be 10 years in June since I left the university. I really miss my college days and I met so many wonderful people during my collage years and beyond. Since I was also an employee of the university that is where most of my core group of friends comes from.

We walked downtown to Costa Vida. You all know what I ordered! I forgot to take a photo. That isn't surprising since all I want to do is tear into it the minute I sit down. Mark suggested Aspen Leaf frozen yogurt so we headed there after. I had the smallest yogurt pour I've ever had and this dish only cost me $2.56 after tax. I know I should pour this much each time but we are talking about frozen yogurt here.




On our walk back I asked Mark if we should swing by Trader Joe's. He said he had not been yet as he was waiting for the crowds to die down from all the excitement of opening day in February. We decided to pop in and it was only after I was leaving that he said he has never been to a Trader Joe's anywhere. WHAT? I would have taken more time had I know he was a TJ virgin! I told him he had to pose for a picture infront of the TJ sign. Good thing he listens to me.




It was a really fun day with sunshine, exercise, food, and friends. My heart has been heavy this week with all my friend is going through. I can't even imagine having to say goodbye to your mother. Tell your loved ones you love them. Soak up the sunshine. Get out for a walk. Enjoy all life has to offer because you just never know when today will be your last.

No comments: