4/26/14

Missing: Food Fotos


Good Morning.  I hope your Saturday is off to a good start.  So far we have dry skies so that is nice.  It is a bit windy and brisk on the temperature front though. 

You might have noticed I didn’t post any food photos this week.  My reasons for not taking food photos didn’t coincide with my less-than-stellar eating habits last week.  I had forgotten to take a photo of my food on both Wednesday and Thursday and by Friday morning I reached for my iPhone to snap my breakfast and thought “I’m taking a break this week.” 

Now, in hindsight knowing my food week was rough I wish I had taken photos.  It would have shown you some really honest food tracking.

Why can it be so hard to be honest with our food tracking?  We live in a society where it is “bad” to want something unhealthy.  Food shouldn't make us feel guilty.  We give food way too much credit!
My theory is if it tastes good then how can it be bad?

I’m kidding. 

The topic in the WW meetings this week was Enjoy Every Bite.  I can’t say I enjoyed every bite of my undocumented week last week.  I have had the weirdest appetite lately so I have just been going with the flow.  I do like to enjoy my food and I do strive to eat foods that make my taste buds happy.

This week I also didn’t feel like taking food photos so I won't have anything to share with you next week.  I just feel like my food is really boring lately.  I didn’t meal plan this week and I’ve been relying on WW frozen meals for easy convenience.  Not having a solid food plan also makes eating out much more appealing.  I will do a good amount of eating out next week when I travel to Spokane so I need to keep it at bay for the moment.

I’m not sure if I’ll resume food photos or not.  Sometimes it feels exhausting and sometimes I enjoy sharing my food with you.  I don’t want you to think that because the photos stop I’m out eating Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, both of which I did actually eat last week. 

I’m still working my way to goal and being honest with my tracking is one very important way I’ll get there.

 

No comments: